scoobydoo

No longer itch from mosquito bites

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

It is a good thing. Enjoy!:D

Mosquitoes simply don't bite me, even while others around are getting torn up.

Now, if only my blood had the same effect on biting flies, especially those ones down on the coast.

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Soooo yeah... 2020...I no longer itch from skeeter bites. 

I've gotten lit up a few times this year.... I'll feel the bites and they'll  be visible and all... But zero and I mean zero itching. 

Not even the 4 bites on my fingers from last night. The only thing I feel is the initial discomfort if the swelling and that's gone in minutes.  One of the theories is maybe I had covid 19 and this is a side effect. 

Started noticing about a month or two ago... Nobody I've spoken with about it has experienced the change. 

Anyone here? 

And I don't get ticks... Still 0 in half a decade.  And 1000 on friends walking right next to me.  One trip was 35 - 0 (I think I logged 100 miles through shoulder and above tick grass this year and hundreds more prior to it being grown in....) zero 

I only see them at home or on my center console... And by at home I mean on the wall or something other than me. 

in almost 40 years fishing,going through the grass gauntlet,i have only found 2 that were actually on my skin.

have found very few on my clothes after I took them off and piled them up by the back door.

my friend Herman though,they love him nd they will be on him the next day after he showered and we met up to have a few beers or burgers,,,no where near water too.

they wait in his car I believe.

skeeters barely bother me as well but,the damn noseeums,,oh yeah,they like my ears.

HH

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter

The next challenge, gnat and greenheads. 

Types of mosquito matters. You do get desensitized once you get bit enough. Like em old farmers.

17 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Soooo yeah... 2020...I no longer itch from skeeter bites. 

I've gotten lit up a few times this year.... I'll feel the bites and they'll  be visible and all... But zero and I mean zero itching. 

Not even the 4 bites on my fingers from last night. The only thing I feel is the initial discomfort if the swelling and that's gone in minutes.  One of the theories is maybe I had covid 19 and this is a side effect. 

Started noticing about a month or two ago... Nobody I've spoken with about it has experienced the change. 

Anyone here? 

And I don't get ticks... Still 0 in half a decade.  And 1000 on friends walking right next to me.  One trip was 35 - 0 (I think I logged 100 miles through shoulder and above tick grass this year and hundreds more prior to it being grown in....) zero 

I only see them at home or on my center console... And by at home I mean on the wall or something other than me. 

I dont get ticks as well.

I think its blood type or skin 

My son fished with his white as a ghost Irish friend and my son gets no ticks and his friend is loaded

15 hours ago, C.Robin said:

Are you on  allergy medication or some other immunosuppressant?

My wife's MS meds have this effect on her. 

13 hours ago, Pierce said:

Sorry to jump in, but how to avoid sandfly bites? My area no mossy, but they have a lot of sandfly.

I use deet.   If they're real bad I'll wear really high socks or light pants and tuck them in my socks. 

I am covered in scars from mosquitoes and gnats. I itch them until they bleed,  even in my sleep.  Same with any other bitey bugs.  Spider bites require a trip to the hospital.  All 3 of my daughters are the same and I hate that, I dont care what my legs/ arms look like, but want them to be scar free.

Head to the bush, Northern Quebec , Ontario for spring bear ( I’m not sure Ontario has a spring season anymore ) , pike , pickerel fishing . You’ll beg for mosquitos the black flies are so bad. We used to outfit my girls with full head to toe screen suits lol. Nasty lil buggers , I’ve seen moose literally run into a pond / lake & stand with just their snout above water. It’s all part of the grand plan. The bugs have their place in the grand scheme of things. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

You got some skookum as frig skin there buddy. Funny you mention the tick thing, I’ve noticed something similar. They’ll crawl onto me in the usual #’s but whenever they decide to bite they die befor getting in. It’s been happening to me for years I’ll pick all the live ones off, but several hours later sometimes even the next day I’ll find one or two just barely latched on but lifeless dead, as if my blood was poison. Used to think it was all the drugs I was doing but have been drug free for many years and it still happens. It’s awesome!

Edited by Domjolly

12 hours ago, Domjolly said:

You got some skookum as frig skin there buddy. Funny you mention the tick thing, I’ve noticed something similar. They’ll crawl onto me in the usual #’s but whenever they decide to bite they die befor getting in. It’s been happening to me for years I’ll pick all the live ones off, but several hours later sometimes even the next day I’ll find one or two just barely latched on but lifeless dead, as if my blood was poison. Used to think it was all the drugs I was doing but have been drug free for many years and it still happens. It’s awesome!

You been drug free for many years, that is awesome!

I could be dead wrong here and this is purely based on observation without checking any info online, but I’ve noticed that the Asian Tiger Mosquito bites seem to go away within a couple hours but the common, or Culex, mosquito leaves me with a bump that lasts a few days. I’m also someone who gets bit pretty good by these things.