Flips

What’s the best time to fish for stripers.

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

It all depend on the spot I'm fishing. There is a spot good at the top of the incoming. There is a spot that's good at the top of the outgoing. There is a spot that is good just before dead low. You get my point, I hope. :howdy:

And all can change if there is no bait for the bass to feed on. 

5-10 years ago when there was still a healthy Striped Bass population, I would say any time you can fish is the right time. My PB 38lbs was caught during the day at dead low tide. My two next biggest bass were also caught during the day. They were all caught in November.  Generally speaking though, nightime, sunrise, sunset and any low light conditions will be better. As far as moons go, I fish them all. Some say before and after a full moon is good. 

8 hours ago, jimmy z said:

It all depend on the spot I'm fishing. There is a spot good at the top of the incoming. There is a spot that's good at the top of the outgoing. There is a spot that is good just before dead low. You get my point, I hope. :howdy:

And all can change if there is no bait for the bass to feed on. 

Or even worse when there's a ton of adult bunker in the spot you want to fish but at dusk the marina across from you decides to have a 15 minute fireworks show.

Didn't even see any bait around after that, everything was spooked away:banghd:

1 min ago, Sir Defyable said:

Or even worse when there's a ton of adult bunker in the spot you want to fish but at dusk the marina across from you decides to have a 15 minute fireworks show.

Didn't even see any bait around after that, everything was spooked away:banghd:

lol, true:howdy: Or some boat guys decide to cross the school

On 6/26/2020 at 7:12 AM, PSegnatelli said:

That's pretty awesome!  Hats off to ya. :howdy:

Thank You , she gets so excited that she will offer to pull the stringer. She's been my fishing buddy for over 35 yrs.