Flips

What’s the best time to fish for stripers.

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

What’s the best tide and time you guys use to catch striper. I fish at the cape weekends or days I have off, I know that full moon and new moons are good to fish but what is the best tide, and/or time you guys go? 

Rule of thumb when expiring new spots. Also note these are only 2 of the factors of the conditions you want to note. Start a log fail or win.

2hr before and 2hr after a switch.(4hr window)

2 days before or after a moon cycle seems nicer too.(very minor and not critical detail, till it is)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Whenever the hell you can!

If I followed rules I'd probably never have a time slot that jived with life. 

Edited by PSegnatelli

Fishing season I usually do a marathon fishing from Friday night right after work and go home Sunday noon. This will give me time to fish at night rest during the day unless there's birds working. Wife and I would sleep in the truck and spend time together. Lucky me she loves to fish .

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 mins ago, sandworm said:

Fishing season I usually do a marathon fishing from Friday night right after work and go home Sunday noon. This will give me time to fish at night rest during the day unless there's birds working. Wife and I would sleep in the truck and spend time together. Lucky me she loves to fish .

That's pretty awesome!  Hats off to ya. :howdy:

Edited by PSegnatelli

5 mins ago, sandworm said:

Same here spend the weekends in the cape, fun if you catch somthing or not

Night time is the right time if you wanna catch the big girls. And I mean big ass bass.

Don’t take it in the ass, catch some big ass bass.

Get out and fish whenever you have time.

Although I would agree that periods of low light generally produce best, I have caught lots of quality fish under  a bright sun.

Fish when you can and you’ll learn a lot.

While I know the best time to fish will fall during the night I generally fish a couple hours either side of sunrise and sunset. I can hit 2 of the 3 best times to fish in a given day. I know some are wiping up while I’m sleeping, good on them. I get fish too and and Am happy with the way I fish. I’m too old, I won’t change, it’s what I do.

22 hours ago, Sir Defyable said:

About two hours ago would have been a good time to go

19FD23B7-1766-4661-8566-3F2D03B05EC1.jpeg

let me guess night time, nice fish !!!

7 mins ago, sandworm said:

let me guess night time, nice fish !!!

Yes, it was just after dusk. Tide had only just started to turn around.

This 40” was the highlight of the night, but between myself and a buddy we got a few more high slot fish 

3 mins ago, Sir Defyable said:

Yes, it was just after dusk. Tide had only just started to turn around.

This 40” was the highlight of the night, but between myself and a buddy we got a few more high slot fish 

There's one night where everyone left the beach didn't get any bite and bait have been around for a couple weeks and waiting for that big school to come in at any time, my buddy and I got into a school that night from 8pm to 5am  of non stop hook ups releasing fish up to 30 lber. That was a rare night not to forget.