rwilhelm

95 lane shift

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

There is a lane shift in Warwick that is supposed to last till the end of summer. And up near Thurbers/195 they will be doing a lane shift starting the 28th. Also till the end of summer.

If only there was a huge global pandemic like issue that could of kept the roads minimally used for 1 & 1/2 months. They could of banged out all this construction then.

But hey when would that actually happen a 100 years or so from now? Maybe then RI will be ready.

Edited by Zubinac

At this point anyone who wins and local state  or national election here should automatically be disqualified. 

Lane shifts have been voted the new state monument of RI. The Neverending Construction State. 

sucks even more on a motorcycle...for a state that's less than 60 mi end to end  the amount of S curves ,bends and almost 90 degree turns on our Interstate in mind numbing.  

I -195 out to the Cape just as bad.

I live on the MA/RI border and work on the Cape, the underneath of my car has been rock blasted every day for weeks. I've busted  two windshields in the past year and half.

I live I’m Mass just over the line. Work on Quonset Point. I drive 146,295,95,4 everyday. It absolutely sucks! Only good thing about Covid is I’ve been working from home since March. Now we’re stating to open I’ll be on those roads again. My poor pickup is so beat up. It’s ridiculous 

Traffic was practically non-existent in Mass from March to May. It has slowly crept up since.

Just drove from Gloucester MA to my boat in south county. God there must have been at least ten work sites on 95, all working tonight. Which one were you guys talking about?

On 6/30/2020 at 7:16 AM, rwilhelm said:

I was talking about the one in Warwick around exit 10.  A little after where 295 meets 95.  

Yeah, went through there on my way. Some of the lane markings are a little confusing and many cars are almost driving between lanes as they try to make sure they don't hit the cones. Add in the traffic shift where rte 4 goes off and its pretty dicey going through there in the dark.