ksong

I got striper in the Cape Cod Canal on 7th tries

Rate this topic

241 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, z-man said:

The problem with canal is there are a huge amount of people that only show up when they see from others that the fishing is good and easy. 

And how is that different from other known spots?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

53 mins ago, z-man said:

The silent supporters are part of the problem. Over 1500 people have viewed this topic so far. How many of them are heading to the canal now that you showed them that fish have finally arrived? That’s the magic of the canal. It’s easy fishing when others tell you when and where the fish have shown up. 

I thought I discourage them as I caught a few fish one day out of 7 tries. :)  If anyone is willing to come up after reading my report, they are hardcore fishermen and they deserve it. 

Is there anyone who don't know striper are in the Canal in June ? 

 

Edited by ksong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ksong said:

Here are my shoes and korkers to be used on the rock. I bought the bottom one for $8 in Texas.i wiil try it soon.

20200627_094829.jpg

Not sure I'd trust the bottom ones but those korkers in the middle are solid and proven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, lureman said:

*

*

I would suggest a long 80# seagar fluorocarbon leader for plugging the canal. It will not fail.

 

See, I am being helpful. While I am at it I would also recommend a Lamiglas rod too :)

 

Edited by TimS
quote edited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ged said:

 

Anyone that fished the canal multible times, before this 7 day trip should know better than to blame a stranger for losing a “40lb fish”. 

 

I would suggest a long 80# seagar fluorocarbon leader for plugging the canal. It will not fail.

 

See, I am being helpful. While I am at it I would also recommend a Lamiglas rod too :)

 

You can say whatever you want as I have to blame myself tor losing fish. :) I am not as good as you are and it doesn't bother me at all as I lost  many big fish for various reasons and it is catch and release anyway Enough is enough. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 mins ago, ksong said:

You can say whatever you want as I have to blame myself tor losing fish. :) I am not as good as you are and it doesn't bother me at all as I lost  many big fish for various reasons and it is catch and release anyway Enough is enough. 

 

I am not suggesting I am better than you. I fish for fun, I don’t sell rods, reels or fish. :)

 

I know I am responsible for every fish I lose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Popasilov said:

And how is that different from other known spots?

 

It’s different because you can park your car, walk 20 feet and fish. It’s easy fishing for the masses. You would never see most of those people walk a half mile down the beach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you need is a pair of these.

 

creepers1960s.jpg.02e32715fb889a5b05039e393e44c5f4.jpgcreepers1960sc.jpg.5564741ec9d6f738c955e96a29231dfd.jpg

 

But their old school, they would hold on the brown slimy rocks and even ones with seaweed growing on them.

 

l can't believe all the chatter that is going on about someone posting one picture with a background and you make it sound like he let the cat out of the bag and that the canal is bass heaven everyone one knows about it if you got nothing better to do go to youtube and do you're bitching there you got plenty of live videos panning the channel up and down and 30 40# fish pulled in

As more people get into the sport it will get worse get used to it. tight lines.

 

Ksong nice fish and to bad about the one you lost. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ged said:

I am not suggesting I am better than you. I fish for fun, I don’t sell rods, reels or fish. :)

 

I know I am responsible for every fish I lose. 

You make me laugh. :)

 

I am heading for tuna ground now.

I am sure I will have lots of fun testing rods which I developed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 mins ago, LB said:

What you need is a pair of these.

 

creepers1960s.jpg.02e32715fb889a5b05039e393e44c5f4.jpgcreepers1960sc.jpg.5564741ec9d6f738c955e96a29231dfd.jpg

 

But their old school, they would hold on the brown slimy rocks and even ones with seaweed growing on them.

 

l can't believe all the chatter that is going on about someone posting one picture with a background and you make it sound like he let the cat out of the bag and that the canal is bass heaven everyone one knows about it if you got nothing better to do go to youtube and do you're bitching there you got plenty of live videos panning the channel up and down and 30 40# fish pulled in

As more people get into the sport it will get worse get used to it. tight lines.

 

Ksong nice fish and to bad about the one you lost. 

 

 

 

Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 6/26/2020 at 10:34 PM, ged said:

A grown man and experienced fisherman should not expect a stranger to climb on “slippery rocks” to land his fish - canal, jetty, beach, etc. 

 

Long time reader and first time posting.  I fished the same Texas Jetty with KilSong at for a few months this spring.  He is one of the nicest fisherman around.  Yes, he may have promoted his rod on this site that may annoyed some, but he never did promoted his brand while fishing at our Texas Jetty.  *

Edited by TimS
All the insults and name calling were removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, z-man said:

The problem with canal is there are a huge amount of people that only show up when they see from others that the fishing is good and easy. 

There in lies the real problem as of late when speaking about fishing the canal . Those who spend the time searching out where they are lurking have worked for the fish they may catch or not. On the other hand because of the many suicide fish over the past number of years get further blown up by the Internet and other forms of information . The local scribe actually announces to the world where to go in the canal on a weekly basis as well. It is a free world out there , but for those who state and or post they care about the resource a little more thought needs to go into how and what is posted or written about. We now have had over 4 continuous years of any one and body with a rod could on a given day take 30 and 40 pound fish from the water , no skill levels needed at all . The migrating stocks along with the local stocks have all been deteriorated with these marked fish. Time is running out for the future and we do not do justice by not placing some restrictions to this mecca of striped bass fishing. That is one reason no commercial fishing is allowed inside the canal this year and most likely will become a law into the future. One fish a day at less then 35 inches and all larger fish are to be released, no questions.  WE who profess that we care about the stocks need to take in account that decreasing the numbers who fish it for now will increase the stocks for the future as well as increase the quality of the fish allowed to be removed by recreational fishermen.

 

As to the canal and cape cod in general we here have the lowest rate of the virus and deaths and support the governors ruling that all out of staters shall self quarantine and then cover with a mask . I know that some do not follow that example in both cases and that is a shame but that is life.     One thing under this present risk of a virus infection is also to help keep the numbers low, which reports such as this one does not help for what ever reason. It also does not help the resource that every one likes to enjoy fishing . We do not need pictures of fish on the rocks with what ever rod or reel was used to catch it. In my over 75 years of actually fishing the canal I never had a picture taken unless the fish went home and I have caught my share of large fish from these waters that will have a place in my memory bank. I also was a proponent of enlighten the masses as to when and where the fish may be and as you can see I have seen the light that this can no longer be tolerated for the future of these aquatic resource the ever elusive striped bass, except when they arrive in the canal and become a suicide  resource for any one and every type of rod, reel, lure that you can use. It matters not the cost nor the quality of what you use if they are there and you are there a hook up is a sure thing. Again that is why reporting such events long term gains us less in time. Peace and Pryaers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ksong said:

Here are my shoes and korkers to be used on the rock. I bought the bottom one for $8 in Texas.i wiil try it soon.

20200627_094829.jpg

forget the bottom ones, they don't look safe. You have Korkers, use them my friend. Better safe than sorry:howdy:

With age comes wisdom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.