ksong

I got striper in the Cape Cod Canal on 7th tries

Rate this topic

232 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, ged said:

A grown man and experienced fisherman should not expect a stranger to climb on “slippery rocks” to land his fish - canal, jetty, beach, etc. 

 

Correct. They should not “expect” it. 

 

But, if I looked to my left or right and watched an elderly person landing a fish I would gladly assist, as I have over the years. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

Correct. They should not “expect” it. 

 

But, if I looked to my left or right and watched an elderly person landing a fish I would gladly assist, as I have over the years. 

 

 

Thanks. But I am capable of landing fish walking down to the rocks. :) My mistake was I was not wearing spiked shoes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*

On 6/26/2020 at 0:51 PM, ged said:

A stranger isn’t going to climb down and get your fish at the canal. You should have that thought out before you cast. 

 

You should think about waiting a week before posting any reports at the canal. It is out of respect of the people that fish there when there isn’t a blitz. For example, if you were there on a Tuesday when the fish came in on mackerel, wait a week to report your experience, and mention that it in your report. 

 

I have seen a lot of people lose 40lb bass that were not weighed. 

Agree

 

 

I helped an older gentleman last season who couldn't turn a fish.

I climbed down and helped him get his trophy. 

This was 6 months after my back surgery so i was climbing down very carefully.  I wouldn't post pics.

I was rewarded by catching large in his spot after he left for the rest of the morning. 

A great memory. 

Edited by TimS
quote was edited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 mins ago, ksong said:

I do not ask any help while fishing. 

I will stop fishing when I realize I can not fish anymore.

As long as I can fish, I will continue what I have been doing. 

I will post reports as usual for silent supporters. 

If you don't like my reports, don't participate in my post. 

As all overseas trips were cancelled, I will concentrate in fishing locally.

As I said, Cape Canal fishing is magical and I will continue to fish there.

All good points. Given that you also have fished in some heavily infected areas of our country of late it also should be noted that here in Mass one must also self quarantine for so many DAYS BEFORE YOU CAN   MOVE AROUND FREELY AND DO WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO. This virus has changed many of the situations upon how those who fish must now abide by. I point this out to you and any one else who may decide to pay a visit here to any place in Mass. Peace and Prayers  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

All good points. Given that you also have fished in some heavily infected areas of our country of late it also should be noted that here in Mass one must also self quarantine for so many DAYS BEFORE YOU CAN   MOVE AROUND FREELY AND DO WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO. This virus has changed many of the situations upon how those who fish must now abide by. I point this out to you and any one hwelse who may decide to pay a visit here to any place in Mass. Peace and Prayers  

I always wear masks when fishing.  I saw many anglers don't wear masks while fishing. It protect you and other anglers. 

 

20200607_092434.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 8:55 PM, ged said:

Funny you said that.

 

Before your prediction, sometime in January I actually had taken a vacation day for Monday based on the moon phase and tide. 

 

I bet the new moon next June will bring bigger fish than May as well :)

i guess you were  right, this past week though was not so epic, as as far many, many, fish, thursday + friday, , slim to none, earlier in the week, my friend had a 52 lb.er, my other had a 41 lb. er, and i finished third, with a couple, 30lb.ers......the three of us, together, had this 40-45 min. window, at stack, at sunrise on topwater.....caught a couple of 30's, and you finish last....lol..:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ksong said:

I do not ask any help while fishing. 

I will stop fishing when I realize I can not fish anymore.

As long as I can fish, I will continue what I have been doing. 

I will post reports as usual for silent supporters. 

If you don't like my reports, don't participate in my post

As all overseas trips were cancelled, I will concentrate in fishing locally.

As I said, Cape Canal fishing is magical and I will continue to fish there.

The silent supporters are part of the problem. Over 1500 people have viewed this topic so far. How many of them are heading to the canal now that you showed them that fish have finally arrived? That’s the magic of the canal. It’s easy fishing when others tell you when and where the fish have shown up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, z-man said:

I guess it’s not a spot burn as long as an advertisement for Black Hole is thrown in?
There’s a pretty obvious set of power lines in that photo. Not too hard to figure out that spot. 

you are soooooo wrong, don't be a clown....KIL Song, did not catch there, don;t be stupid,,,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow

So nobody knew that large fish swims through Canal and lets go blame Kil for reveling it so white bucket brigade can load bus and travel there.

 

 

Edited by Popasilov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ged said:

A grown man and experienced fisherman should not expect a stranger to climb on “slippery rocks” to land his fish - canal, jetty, beach, etc. 

 

ALRIGHT , we get it, enough of the bull****, KIL doesnt know any BETTER, STOP BEING HOLIER THAN THOU !, stop with the attacks gary, NOBODY IS GOD, WHEN FISHING,...... Kil Song, doent fish the canal enough to know any better, who made you  boss.. - BUTCH N.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, Popasilov said:

Wow

So nobody knew that large fish swims through Canal and lets go blame Kil for reveling it so white bucket brigade can load bus and travel there.

 

 

If there is a site rule here about posting specific pictures that are considered "spot burn" all should follow it. 

There are a lot of fish around in a lot of different spots by now. Its Its nothing new.

It doesn't take much to black out the background in a photo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 mins ago, Popasilov said:

Wow

So nobody knew that large fish swims through Canal and lets go blame Kil for reveling it so white bucket brigade can load bus and travel there.

 

 

The problem with canal is there are a huge amount of people that only show up when they see from others that the fishing is good and easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sometimes, everyone wants to be a all star, on this site, its BS,,, Kil Song is a GOOD friend of mine, who is very innocent, honest about fishing, but nobody, NOBODY, is GOD, i would love to see all you haters, at 72 years old fish like KIL Song, i get it.. he did few thing incorrect, does not mean , he should be attacked ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.