ksong

I got striper in the Cape Cod Canal on 7th tries

Rate this topic

240 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, levari said:

Do you really think after he shared his plan for a demo day in the Canal there will be one person who would not figure out that he caught the fish in the canal?

O man you guys are great. Why even say it why start a thread saying canal. Because everyone is doing it’s it makes it ok. Your logic is flawed sir. Who cares if people knew if he was at the canal doing a demo that was a couple hundred people. I bet over a 1000 people saw this. In the end he used the canal to sell his rods like a sales pitch. As a man you need to have some morals and say you know what I won’t use this beautiful place to sell something. I’m not a local and I have never fished the canal. 

25 mins ago, z-man said:

Most of the bait shop reports are BS and second hand info from customers. They always say the fishing is good and lust a few go to baits. The guy that answered the phone at the shop may not have even been fishing that week.  
This website SOL is supposed to have rules against spot burning and you would think that it would be frowned upon to do while also making a profit off of them. 

Funny how when everyone sells out of pink they say another color is HOT!

37 mins ago, z-man said:

Look one post up...

I’m getting a lot of thumbs up notifications so apparently a lot of other people feel the same way about these posts as me. 

I didn't have to . . . it's quoted in same post . . . just wondering if these reporters also got the same tongue lashing and :beatin: we're all seeing here . . .

. . .  thumbs up . . . uhh . . . I counted 3  . . . guess . . . and 2 of them from the same person :laugh: . . .

Edited by JoelJ

33 mins ago, LB said:

Z-MAN get over it this is getting old all you do is keeping this thread open l was ready to bow out but you drew me back in.

Since this tread started l painted my hole inside of my house 4 rooms someone might say your slow well at just shy of 80 I'm in no rush l don't move up and down the ladder to fast as l used too.

Do have your own business or do you work for someone, either way, to stay in business you have to advertise. lf l was into making saltwater tackle l would do the same and maybe be lucky enough to hit into a blitz at the same time and show that what l make can hold up hard fishing on the canal Crazy Alberto did it and probably many more hotshot fisherman to make their mark.

To run adds it's not cheap so if you can promote it your self why not that is the American way a lazy man will seat back and let others do the dirty work.

So once more he didn't let the cat out of the bag the canal is Stripebass heaven come on down and fish the canal.

Capture.PNG2222.PNG

There’s nothing wrong with promoting the products it’s naming the spot while doing it that’s the problem. There’s no reason why he couldn’t have posted this thread without naming the canal. It’s really not that difficult. By the way this topic has almost 6000 views already. 

I never heard of this canal since I am a jersey guy but now due to this thread I am on my way up as we speak.

I am kidding of course everybody that fishes knows about the canal just like they know about block island and montuak and island beach in NJ (oh no did I burn those spots too)

52 mins ago, z-man said:

By the way this topic has almost 6000 views already. 

Had to laugh at what you wrote at the end of your post almost 6000 views, not make fun it hit me that. l can see where you're coming from but l did think that there is not a fisherman in the US that doesn't know about the canal and well before Ksong made his post so why dump this sh-t on him.

1 hour ago, hydraman said:

O man you guys are great. Why even say it why start a thread saying canal. Because everyone is doing it’s it makes it ok. Your logic is flawed sir. Who cares if people knew if he was at the canal doing a demo that was a couple hundred people. I bet over a 1000 people saw this. In the end he used the canal to sell his rods like a sales pitch. As a man you need to have some morals and say you know what I won’t use this beautiful place to sell something. I’m not a local and I have never fished the canal. 

If you never fish the canal how do you know it is such a beautiful place? 
it’s an ugly crowded place . 

9 hours ago, ged said:

For shoes I mostly wore my crocs. (Why not look great while you fish?) I did wear LL Bean waders and even hip waders during higher stages of tides, but most of my fishing was done in crocs. I own several korker boots and some strap on korkers that I wear in RI, but I have never worn korkers at the canal. Just not my thing. 

I have two very important question. Do your wear your crocks on relaxed mode or sports mode  (the strap) when at the canal or is that dictated by the size of the fish your targeting and two is it true that tie dye crocks catch you more bass in the 40# class than boring solid colored crocks?

3 hours ago, z-man said:

Most of the bait shop reports are BS and second hand info from customers. They always say the fishing is good and lust a few go to baits. The guy that answered the phone at the shop may not have even been fishing that week.  
This website SOL is supposed to have rules against spot burning and you would think that it would be frowned upon to do while also making a profit off of them. 

It does not matter if they are BS or not. These reports advertise the canal as a great fishing spot around new moon and during great tides.  You just ignore the shops because you know that you will be a joke if you attack them the way you attack Kil.

When you make a Striped Bass fishing product in 2020 , you want to mention it in the same breath as the Canal. Crazy how many NY and NJ guys have Canal bikes and Canal setups ... 10 years ago they would have mentioned Block Island or Montauk. 

Edited by smellfish

36 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

I have two very important question. Do your wear your crocks on relaxed mode or sports mode  (the strap) when at the canal or is that dictated by the size of the fish your targeting and two is it true that tie dye crocks catch you more bass in the 40# class than boring solid colored crocks?

Anything over 30lbs you need to strap into your crocs. If you remember, the guy that caught a sailfish years ago at the east end had sandals and socks, so I may try that late August for sailfish :)

43 mins ago, levari said:

It does not matter if they are BS or not. These reports advertise the canal as a great fishing spot around new moon and during great tides.  You just ignore the shops because you know that you will be a joke if you attack them the way you attack Kil.

Pretty sure that last few years only one company has had threads on SOL about the canal promoting their product. They are a sponsor there so perhaps it’s fine with Tim, but that doesn’t mean the locals need to like it or support that company. 

I can tell you if I came here and wrote about the places I fish in RI, the people I fish with and respect would not respect me. 

Edited by ged

12 mins ago, ged said:

Pretty sure that last few years only one company has had threads on SOL about the canal promoting their product. They are a sponsor there so perhaps it’s fine with Tim, but that doesn’t mean the locals need to like it or support that company. 

I can tell you if I came here and wrote about the places I fish in RI, the people I fish with and respect would not respect me. 

Then they are not true friends....To disown you as a friend over a post is ridiculous. ged your a very knowledgable person when it comes to sealed reels and I've always enjoyed reading your posts about VS's & ZB's, I was bit surprised when you chimed in about Kils pictures and post the way you did. Mind you I'm 15yrs. older than you and I know your better than that bro, it's just fish man.....