Pma531

Norma K-Point Pleasant Beach

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I’m looking to see if anyone has gone on the Norma K in the last several weeks. My question is do they make you wear a mask the whole time? I’d like to get a group of guys I work with to go, but don’t feel like wearing a mask for 7+ hours. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll let others chime in but the last Fisherman Magazine I saw, I saw most of people not wearing mask and assuming same case with many party boat.

 

That said, I hope you wear a mask and so does all the other people for your own sake and others.  I don't think people take this serious enough.  I don't want NJ to skyrocket in numbers again and do another lockdown so I can't drive to NJ.

 

I already given up early part of fishing and my usual fishing spot to avoid other people.  Some part of beach is just packed with people and some just walk right next to each other.  Maybe a foot apart.  I'm sensing the number will go up pretty soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 mins ago, Notable Catch said:

I'll let others chime in but the last Fisherman Magazine I saw, I saw most of people not wearing mask and assuming same case with many party boat.

 

That said, I hope you wear a mask and so does all the other people for your own sake and others.  I don't think people take this serious enough.  I don't want NJ to skyrocket in numbers again and do another lockdown so I can't drive to NJ.

 

I already given up early part of fishing and my usual fishing spot to avoid other people.  Some part of beach is just packed with people and some just walk right next to each other.  Maybe a foot apart.  I'm sensing the number will go up pretty soon.

I understand where you are coming from. I’d imagine these boats are limited capacity right now too. It’s done by reservation only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pma531 said:

I understand where you are coming from. I’d imagine these boats are limited capacity right now too. It’s done by reservation only.

I can't say for all of them but at least one's that I've kept my eyes on, they were all reserve only.  Some seem to ease on it as I've seen some said you might be able to get on right at that spot given you have mask on.

 

Me, my son and my brother was thinking about party boat for sea bass and other things but given up on it till there's a vaccine which might mean never.  I was really looking forward for April Tog as I think I got things all worked out and wanted to test things but wasn't able to.  Coming wintertime, when Jetty fishing is tough and need to hop on Party boat, but we most likely won't be able to.

 

Not trying to tell you to do anything.  I just want everyone and their family to be safe and enjoy what we love to do. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the party boats come and go in an inlet recently.. not a single mask. I hope there wasn't some meathead on there making people feel dumb for wearing them. I actually never encountered a jerk on a party boat so I doubt it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 4:36 PM, Pma531 said:

I’m looking to see if anyone has gone on the Norma K in the last several weeks. My question is do they make you wear a mask the whole time? I’d like to get a group of guys I work with to go, but don’t feel like wearing a mask for 7+ hours. Thanks

From the Norma K web site>

Looks like ya gotta

 

COVID 19RULES
 *DO NOT BOARD THE BOAT UNTIL CREW HAS ARRIVED!

*IF YOU ARE SICK, HAVE A COUGH, FEEL NOT RIGHT, PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR AND STAY HOME!

*MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES!  YOU MUST WEAR A MASK TO BOARD THE BOAT!  WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE EVERYONE BRING 2 MASKS WITH THEM JUST IN CASE THE ONE YOU ARE WEARING GETS DAMAGED OR FALLS OFF INTO WATER. 

*WE WILL BE MARKING OFF SPOTS, A LITTLE MORE THAN 6FT APART, SO EVERYONE WILL HAVE PLENTY OF SPACE!

*WE WILL HAVE SANITIZER AND HANDSOAP ONBOARD THE BOAT!

*WE WILL BE SELLING TACKLE AND RIGS ONBOARD, HOWEVER, THE GALLEY WILL NOT BE OPEN FOR FOOD!  WE WILL HAVE PLENTY OF WATER ON BOARD!  PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH AND UTENSILS WITH YOU!

WE ARE VERY PLEASED TO BE GETTING BACK ON THE WATER SO LETS ALL WORK TOGETHER SO WE CAN START OFF THE SEASON GOOD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SB59 said:

From the Norma K web site>

Looks like ya gotta

 

COVID 19RULES
 *DO NOT BOARD THE BOAT UNTIL CREW HAS ARRIVED!

*IF YOU ARE SICK, HAVE A COUGH, FEEL NOT RIGHT, PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR AND STAY HOME!

*MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES!  YOU MUST WEAR A MASK TO BOARD THE BOAT!  WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE EVERYONE BRING 2 MASKS WITH THEM JUST IN CASE THE ONE YOU ARE WEARING GETS DAMAGED OR FALLS OFF INTO WATER. 

*WE WILL BE MARKING OFF SPOTS, A LITTLE MORE THAN 6FT APART, SO EVERYONE WILL HAVE PLENTY OF SPACE!

*WE WILL HAVE SANITIZER AND HANDSOAP ONBOARD THE BOAT!

*WE WILL BE SELLING TACKLE AND RIGS ONBOARD, HOWEVER, THE GALLEY WILL NOT BE OPEN FOR FOOD!  WE WILL HAVE PLENTY OF WATER ON BOARD!  PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH AND UTENSILS WITH YOU!

WE ARE VERY PLEASED TO BE GETTING BACK ON THE WATER SO LETS ALL WORK TOGETHER SO WE CAN START OFF THE SEASON GOOD!

Yea I know they say they “require” them. Most party boats also say no drug use and no poaching on board, but every time I’m on a party boat, it happens. Was hoping someone went out with them recently. Oh well. Thanks anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BobBass the only thing you do not know.........nor the guys two ft next to you if they are positive........you roll the dice.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2020 at 6:36 PM, beret said:

BobBass the only thing you do not know.........nor the guys two ft next to you if they are positive........you roll the dice.........

I agree. I'm staying away this year. I missed sea bass anyway, now its the summer folks catching 5 bluefish lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 mins ago, BobBass said:

I agree. I'm staying away this year. I missed sea bass anyway, now its the summer folks catching 5 bluefish lol

I really feel sorry for Party boat Captains and mates and hope they get through this tough time for them(every business owner and their employee for that matter).  I and probably everyone here wants to get on party boat when we have the vaccine and do not have to take a risk.  I wish they are there when we want to get on finally but for now, I just can't risk it for 3 kids and somewhat fragile wife(Thyroid problem and is one of those people who get sick for nothing which is high risk)

 

Guys, please be safe.  Let's enjoy life and our sports as long as we can.   Don't get and don't give.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been out a few times this spring on various party boats out of Pt. Pleasant and Belmar for sea bass and ling.  The boats' websites say they require masks at all times, but there is no enforcement.  Many fares and mates don't bother with the masks.  I suppose the risk is lower being out in the breeze and all, but the situation isn't ideal.  I think the risk was lower when the # of fares was tightly capped at 16 or so, but now that it is up over 25, people are much closer together.  I think folks will need to make their own decisions about whether it is worthwhile.  For me, it is tough to justify for 5 bluefish or a smattering of short fluke...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's interesting....the day everything opened.....party boats were shoulder to shoulder at capacity....no masks....Was blown away....6 boats...all the same...

 

Yesterday I saw a pair of belmar boats with like 10 people on em...tops.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went on another boat out of point and I was the only one with a bluff on but I was using to keep from getting burnt.  I would go to Belmar boats are way less crowded. the boat I was on was railed and it sucked fishing like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

What's interesting....the day everything opened.....party boats were shoulder to shoulder at capacity....no masks....Was blown away....6 boats...all the same...

 

Yesterday I saw a pair of belmar boats with like 10 people on em...tops.

 

Interesting.  You would think first couple of days at least, party boat would enforce it more and ease off as time goes by.

 

By the way, Hi Scoobydoo, enjoying your video

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.