Southcoastphil

Seeking input re possibly offering short term apartment to anglers

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Coming from a consumer stand point, I would be very interested. If I ever made a trip  to the canal I would dread sleeping at a hotel transporting gear as well as some yuppies air bnb that would flip their **** if they found out I was coming in after long fishing sessions. Idk if that helps but that sounds like a great get away from Brooklyn to me!

Based on feedback from many sources, here's where I'm at.  I'll welcome your feedback and ideas.

I have a sunny and spotless 2-BR apartment in superb condition that I'm considering offering to anglers on a short term basis during July & possibly August. It's 30 minutes from the Canal (I've done that drive hundreds of times), about 45 minutes from Newport, RI and about an hour from South County, RI. Minutes away from countless places to put in your kayak.  Five minutes to the paved boat launch for Buzzards Bay, with another handful of excellent ramps on Buzzards Bay within 30 minutes.  One mile to the beautiful harbor village’s great shops, restaurants, food & wine markets, salons, etc.

Facilities for washing off gear, plus outdoor racks for drying gear, along with fish-cleaning area.  (Just message me for more details on the property, including drive times, kayak lunch areas, boat ramps, room details, etc.)

Do you think there would be any interest? 
Due to COVID, would you prefer to bring your own sheets, pillows, pillow cases and bath towels?
Your thoughts on rates, minimum stays, deposits and anything else?

MINIMUM STAYS
Weekends—3 nights (Fri, Sat, Sun)
Weekdays—2 nights (Mon through Thurs)

CHECK IN/OUT
Check in is 3:00 PM.  I’ll be here to greet you.  Depending on the prior guests, I might be able to offer an earlier check in, but I cannot commit to that until a day or two prior to your arrival.
Check out is 10:00 AM.

RATES (Up to four occupants.  Add $20/night for fifth occupant.)
Monday through Thursday—$105/night
Friday through Sunday--$125/night
10% discount for 7 nights or more
Cleaning fee--$35/stay
Refundable security deposit—will probably range from $150 to $350 depending on number of nights and size of party.

PAYMENTS
At booking:  50% of per-night fees (via PayPal)
Upon arrival:  Remaining 50% of per-night fees, security deposit, plus $35 cleaning fee and any applicable taxes (via Paypal, bank check, USPS Money Order, cash)

CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS
For cancellations prior to 1:00 PM EDT at:
14 days prior to scheduled arrival date—full refund less $25
7 days prior to scheduled arrival date—50% refund
Less than 7 days prior to scheduled arrival date—no refund