Steve in Mass

Strange, Suspicious Ad

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Have seen i a few times now. Nothing happens if you click on it, no matter where you click. 

5ef3495ed47dc_stangead.png.7f2fed02ce58b925ade0009febc7d4cc.png

I get a bad feeling that my suspicion of what it is may be correct, and not sure we want it here.

I dunno, just the way the ad looks, I fear it may be something for BLM.

That stuff is ALL over in the past week, I can't even escape it watching mindless sit-coms to get away from it.

So an ad doesn't load...and that makes you think it's a BLM ad...and it's suspicious...all because it didn't load? Whoa...you might need to unplug for a while, go fishing or something :) If BLM pays for advertising through one of the thousands of advertisers on the dozens of networks handled by the network ad folks, I wouldn't stop it. Just like I don't stop Trump ads. Or Clinton ads. This isn't supposed to be a place that allows certain political ads but not others...fishing websites shouldn't take official political sides :wave:

TimS

Posted (edited) · Report post

Has nothing to do with it not loading, has everything to do with the layout.

And if you want an ad that is for a racist, Marxist, terrorist organization, well then, what can I say.

Not gonna turn this political here, but come on Tim, REALLY? If a user posted that crap, you would warn them and then boot him with no hesitation.

Edited by Steve in Mass

24 mins ago, Steve in Mass said:

Has nothing to do with it not loading, has everything to do with the layout.

And if you want an ad that is for a racist, Marxist, terrorist organization, well then, what can I say.

Not gonna turn this political here, but come on Tim, REALLY? If a user posted that crap, you would warn them and then boot him with no hesitation.

Where did I say I "want" about any ads? Please don't put words in my mouth. What I wrote was very clear - I'm not turning SOL into a site that allows some political ads and not others. The second they are recognized as a terrorist organization there ads will be removed by the ad networks. Please don't think your opinion about something is the same thing as a fact...it's still just your opinion. It doesn't matter if I agree with it or not or how I feel about BLM personally. 

Think about this: you are lighting your hair on fire over an ad you didn't see here but pretended was hiding in an ad that didn't load.  Mull that over for a minute :read: 

This forum is for bugs and stuff, not for anyone telling me what imaginary ads should and should be allowed here. The ad didn't load - and from it not loading you suspect you know what it was and don't want an ad you've never seen here shown here - that's kinda out there :)

TimS

Okay.......my main concern is it would not load so I could not find out what it actually was.

As far as "Please don't think your opinion about something is the same thing as a fact...it's still just your opinion." sorry. no, it is NOT just my opinion, it is indeed FACT. All you have to do is visit the BLM website and they openly admit it THEMSELVES. How much more fact would you like?

But enough with the politics, it doesn't belong here as we both have said.

The mystery is resolved.  :th:

5 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

Okay.......my main concern is it would not load so I could not find out what it actually was.

As far as "Please don't think your opinion about something is the same thing as a fact...it's still just your opinion." sorry. no, it is NOT just my opinion, it is indeed FACT. All you have to do is visit the BLM website and they openly admit it THEMSELVES. How much more fact would you like?

But enough with the politics, it doesn't belong here as we both have said.

The mystery is resolved.  :th:

No wonder he is imagining BLM ads. By visiting their website they installed cookies in his head..... lol

3 mins ago, moocks said:

No wonder he is imagining BLM ads. By visiting their website they installed cookies in his head..... lol

Hey, best way to fight evil is to know what their tactics are........

;)

5 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

no, it is NOT just my opinion, it is indeed FACT. All you have to do is visit the BLM website and they openly admit it THEMSELVES. How much more fact would you like?

They openly admit they are racists and terrorists on their website? Please, Steve, like I said...these are your opinions - they aren't facts - and that is not written on their website. Even when you capitalize FACT it's still just your opinion :) 

TimS

23 hours ago, TimS said:

Where did I say I "want" about any ads? Please don't put words in my mouth. What I wrote was very clear - I'm not turning SOL into a site that allows some political ads and not others. The second they are recognized as a terrorist organization there ads will be removed by the ad networks. Please don't think your opinion about something is the same thing as a fact...it's still just your opinion. It doesn't matter if I agree with it or not or how I feel about BLM personally. 

Think about this: you are lighting your hair on fire over an ad you didn't see here but pretended was hiding in an ad that didn't load.  Mull that over for a minute :read: 

This forum is for bugs and stuff, not for anyone telling me what imaginary ads should and should be allowed here. The ad didn't load - and from it not loading you suspect you know what it was and don't want an ad you've never seen here shown here - that's kinda out there :)

TimS

Me thinks every SOLer would prefer NO political ads on this site no matter what side of the line you walk. Don't know if that's possible but sure would be nice.

18 hours ago, TimS said:

They openly admit they are racists and terrorists on their website? Please, Steve, like I said...these are your opinions - they aren't facts - and that is not written on their website. Even when you capitalize FACT it's still just your opinion :) 

TimS

I will PM you the evidence later, not gonna do it in this forum.