Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SLee

Epxior, HMG Inshore, Shadow Stalker

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I have that rod use it for kayak fish it’s a all around good rod. Cast my light stuff 3/16- 1 ounce very good. I got it from a shop in west coast Florida. I was there recently they had more rods. Not sure if they had that one I could check. Pm me for more info. Tom

I have the Okuma Epixor EPI-S-701H 15-30, 1/2-2oz.  Out of the 25 inshore rods I have, it's the best bang for the buck and punches well above its class.  It's super light, forgiving and easy to cast.

As a comparison to some other rods I have, all 7' MH-H rods

St Croix Mojo Inshore 2020-134g

St Croix Avid 2020-150g

Okuma Epixor- 158g

I bought it at a local tackle shop this summer as I needed a rod that day.  I think it was $80-100.  Came back to shop 2 months later to buy another and they were gone.  Another local shop brought them in as they couldn't get Shimano or St Croix during COVID.  Said all their customers love them.  At that price point I think it's the best rod out there.  I bought a Star Stellar Lite as well around that $100 mark and like the Okuma more.

On 1/18/2021 at 8:49 PM, Skunkoff said:

I'm very interested in the HMG inshore spinning rod, especially 7MH ( hard to find).  Anyone use it yet?  Thoughts?

I pulled the trigger on the MH Epxior but it was backorder and fishusa couldn't give me a def. timeline on it so I cancelled it and went with the five star Tsunami rod. This rod is a bit much for what I wanted so it may just be my A rig rod.

However, I ended up buying the Fenwick Inshore M a couple of months back. I haven't gotten to use it much. Only fish I've hooked I caught with it was a dink Striper but I will say that the rod is stout and I love the FULL CORK.

The 7M was another option but I need to feel it.  Specs say it's rated up to 1oz.  My 7MXF Avid Inshore is only rated to 5/8oz.  Pretty big jump from the Avid specs if you ask me.  Wonder how true the lure weight ratings really are?

Only HMG Inshore MH I can find is 7.5".  Too long for kayak, especially with long butt on it.

Took the rod for another test this past weekend but again another dink fish, Hybrid. Hopefully in the spring time, I can hook up to some keeper size fish to test out how it performs.