Northshore Bob

North Truro this weekend

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

OK so me and my two fishing buddies are headed to his client's house on the beach in North Truro for a 3 day guys fishing weekend ... we will be fishing the bayside beach (after all, you can walk right down from the house) and will probably get over to the other side as well but are considering a charter for Sat AM ... any recommendations out that way as far as a good charter operation?

Bayside can be productive for schoolies.  If you're looking for food, Montanos in NTruro is awesome for take out...

Thanks for all the suggestions gents.  My buddy has been down there this week and has us hooked up to go out of Rock Harbor on Hindsight Charters ... we shall see!

And yes Z-Man, I agree about Macs ... have a reservation at the Wellfleet location.  It has been a favorite when we've visited the last couple of times.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 hours ago, whaler1889 said:

You ended up with another good charter captain. Let us know how it goes. 

Good to hear, thank you.  My buddy was assured the same.  I’ll report back.  

We are bringing the kayaks as well.   My buddy has scouted around and thinks a launch out Pamet harbor one morning this w/e would be good.  Tide will be going out.  Anyone ever kayak out of pamet?   Looks like a great spot and I would think we should find some bass ... either inside or off the beach?   Would prefer not to have Whitey around haha 

Edited by Northshore Bob

3 hours ago, Northshore Bob said:

Good to hear, thank you.  My buddy was assured the same.  I’ll report back.  

We are bringing the kayaks as well.   My buddy has scouted around and thinks a launch out Pamet harbor one morning this w/e would be good.  Tide will be going out.  Anyone ever kayak out of pamet?   Looks like a great spot and I would think we should find some bass ... either inside or off the beach?   Would prefer not to have Whitey around haha 

The harbor is pretty small so there’s not much room to fish with all the boat traffic coming in and out. It’s an easy paddle out into the bay though. There should be some schoolies around. You could also park at Corn Hill Beach and launch from there. 

I’d suggest parking and launching out of corn hill beach.....the Pamet channel can be tough if you’re fighting the tide either in or out.....plus the boat traffic can be pretty good this time of year.

as far as avoiding whitey....no

place out here to do that anymore unless you stay on land :D.....inside Pamet is where the GW beached itself and died a couple years ago.

I loved fishing out of Rock Harbor. The ride out is like no other. The trees and street signs! I fished with Stew Finley for 36 years out of there after breakfast at Nonnies. The good ol days