gimbap1707

Is anyone getting keepers out of L.I sound? (Boat(

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

I’m genuinely curious if anyone has pulled out decent fish from the sound this season. I’ve been on several fluke trips and literally haven’t gotten one keeper size fish yet. South shore has also been tough but there have been good size fluke coming up recently. Any reports? Any chance this week’s warm weather lights things up?

14 hours ago, gimbap1707 said:

I’m genuinely curious if anyone has pulled out decent fish from the sound this season. I’ve been on several fluke trips and literally haven’t gotten one keeper size fish yet. South shore has also been tough but there have been good size fluke coming up recently. Any reports? Any chance this week’s warm weather lights things up?

Fluking has been horrible this year in the sound so far. Bird City and hard to even find shorts.

Agree fluking has been tuff this year from the surf.  Had only 1 keeper.  Last year by now I had 10.  Good news is we still have another few weeks before they go deep.  

Not true, according to officials.

All fish is here, more than usual.

We just don't know how to catch it.

We need to increase commercial quote to show us that fish are still here.

Just wondering, who is pocketing kick-back money?

16 mins ago, Popasilov said:

Not true, according to officials.

All fish is here, more than usual.

We just don't know how to catch it.

We need to increase commercial quote to show us that fish are still here.

Just wondering, who is pocketing kick-back money?

Actually true.

5 short stripers from the kayak in the western LI sound today. My best fishing in the sound starts  late August into September.

They're there, just being very picky. I've been marking tons of keeper bass but it seem they only want meat. Warmer water is making them lazy. Fluke are hit or miss but I've averaged about 1 keeper every trip with plenty of shorts. However. You're either in them or you're not (in my experience). One day they're in 10-15 ft of water, next day 40.

20200628_085158.jpg

Western CT sound here, but occasionallu run across to edens neck area

Still haven’t landed a bass from the boat this season...plenty of bluefish and  in May had some up to 30 from shore, but even then they were more finicky than usual.

i refuse to target stripers with bait, so that’s not helping me now that the water is near 70.

take all of this with a grain of salt as I suck at boat fishing...I catch keeper bass from shore regularly, but need to learn what I’m doing on the water.