north-shore fisha

North Shore Squid

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Made my first try For the year last night from shore.  A Very slow pick of very small squid.  And by very small I mean nothing over 4 inches.  Hopefully this year is better than last year.

For those of you who frequent the Salem Willows pier to fish squid:  the pier is still closed due to storm damage.

Gloucester squid are the same. They grow very fast. I’d say 2 more weeks you’ll start see squid worth keeping.

10 hours ago, north-shore fisha said:

Made my first try For the year last night from shore.  A Very slow pick of very small squid.  And by very small I mean nothing over 4 inches.  Hopefully this year is better than last year.

For those of you who frequent the Salem Willows pier to fish squid:  the pier is still closed due to storm damage.

Wait... it broke AGAIN? 

7 hours ago, emptyhook said:

Gloucester squid are the same. They grow very fast. I’d say 2 more weeks you’ll start see squid worth keeping.

I think they are 2 different type of squids. One is long fin and the one (he caught) is short fin that's around 4-5in. 

I was around the area 2 weeks ago and got a mix of both. But more shorts than long.

35 mins ago, foxfai said:

I think they are 2 different type of squids. One is long fin and the one (he caught) is short fin that's around 4-5in. 

I was around the area 2 weeks ago and got a mix of both. But more shorts than long.

I spent 2 min looking and didn’t notice what type but 

It won't open........

They'll tear it down and rebuild it.