West End 2 and Construction Dock OPEN 6/20/2020

Rate this topic

124 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Popasilov said:

Thank you

:howdy:

13 hours ago, DeepBlue85 said:

??

Just a simple thank you for summing in few words what has been going on with fishing in last 15 to 20 years.

Sometimes, I found myself enjoying fishing less and less.

It brings lots of sadness when you go out, on some old, favorite spots, and look around to find dead fish and garbage all over.

1 hour ago, Popasilov said:

Just a simple thank you for summing in few words what has been going on with fishing in last 15 to 20 years.

It brings lots of sadness when you go out, on some old, favorite spots, and look around to find dead fish and garbage all over.

Yea man I’m with ya .. it’s getting harder and harder to get motivated to pull all nighters on the water .. but let’s be honest with ourselves seen this coming 15 years ago and boy did it snow ball quick 

Chasing the way things used to be was a curse for me personally, it generates negativity and anger toward a thing no one can stop and that's time.   As things in the world change, spots, fishing, society I find it more important than ever to apply our selves to the few things we can still call our own.  On a hot August morning looking for bonito I stumbled into a pack of black tips ( a first) at the jetty which i would have missed without the thought of better days tomorrow and the hope that today, might be the turn.  Just keep fishing, today's efforts might be tomorrow's memory.

Screenshot_20200628-154017_Gallery.jpg

Went to a few WE2 spots around yesterday’s high tide. Caught nothing and saw nothing.

but did see the older guy with the camper snap at some “spider crab eating folks” for littering in the Green island lot. 

Jones bypass

"old guy in the camper" is great resource for WE2.

Went Friday evening and Saturday morning - spoke with him both times, he was soaking bait for 2 days straight.. nada.

Not the promise land everyone thinks it is

10 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Went Friday evening and Saturday morning - spoke with him both times, he was soaking bait for 2 days straight.. nada.

Like all other spots, fish aren't always there. I'd say what makes it a "promise land" is that you can get away from the crowds (usually) and truly enjoy some fishing. 

11 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Woah. A 48 hour soak lolz

There are still stripers on the surf. Finicky. Plenty of Sea Robbers. Not finicky. Kingfish. Annoying. A few blues. Rarely a fluke though. What happened to those guys? I knew it was coming, but didn't expect it to be that bad.

On 6/28/2020 at 11:44 AM, Popasilov said:

I have never seen as much garbage and debris on the beaches as this year. I have been trying to come up with some actions that can be taken to have people better appreciate their surroundings. Having more garbage cans available could help. Signs instructing people to clean up after themselves written in as many languages as necessary, establishing a Friends of the Beach program where the public can help to monitor the beaches, better enforcement, making participation in a beach clean-up a requirement for getting a fishing parking permit. All these could hep - the danger that I see is in having the people that run these parks throw their hands-up in defeat. 

Any other ideas??

Ross