LockedDrag

Gulp container alternative

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

I use the Talenti gelato jars as well. I actually use two, one to hold the gulps and another one with just the juice to recharge the gulp I am using while making a move. Big opening makes it easy to take the gulp out. 

I find everything leaks once you get the beach sand on the treads... I only us Gulp Camo Sand Worms on our SO. Cal. Beaches... I can put 1- pack of the worms in a 3-1\2" X1-1/2" Walgreens prescription bottle.... No leaks... Use it once or twice, then chuck it before it leaks, and grab a new one... The sand will mess up any type of seal over time.. At my age, I have plenty of  prescription bottles, so an endless supply... Small enough that I just hang it off a lanyard on my fishin vest, so no stink inside the vest... Works great for the bags of the worms..

Butch

3 hours ago, hookmeup said:

Some guys I know use 5 gallon buckets with gamma seal lids. 

And yea … we use ALOT of gulp

How much gulp do they have in the 5 gallon buckets? That’s crazy.
The Talenti containers work well. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

From Plano about $ 8, comes with a handy tweezer to catch the slippery devils and is absolutely leak proof 

94FAEB5E-45E0-4749-B890-77E89AFFE03E.jpeg

Edited by Bogey

19 hours ago, z-man said:

How much gulp do they have in the 5 gallon buckets? That’s crazy.
The Talenti containers work well. 

I think it’s well over $500. He has three of those buckets …

I bought a Plano 1449 Guide series case.  I think its for phones or keys.  Kind fat but fits in my back pocket. 

Holds a fair amount of GULP. 6in swimming mullets fit. And they're pretty porky. 

We'll see if it leaks....

1 hour ago, hookmeup said:

I think it’s well over $500. He has three of those buckets …

What does he need that much gulp for at one time? Sounds like he needs to go to therapy for hoarding. :laugh:

2 mins ago, hookmeup said:

One each for for 6” grubs, shrimp, and others. To each his own. 

I guess it makes it easy to recharge your baits between drifts by just dropping the rig in one of the buckets. 

I found a small Nalgene container for less than two bucks courtesy of Uncle Jeff! It's going to ride on the side of the bag, great solution, Kudos SOL!!

Now my question is what can I actually keep together with gulp??

As far as jigs, bodies and trailers go; I fish SlamShady Paddletails, Keitech Paddletails, Bass Assassins, Zoom Flukes, TSunami Flukes, Al Gags swimbait bodies, Lunker City swimbaits, GT search/swimbaits, and Fat Cow Strips; I know Dartpsins, hypertoughs, and Zman don't play well with others.

I think realistically I would like to keep Gulp, Assassins, SlamShady's and Cow Strips together...as these are my primary trailers...

Curious to hear if anyone has success storing anything with Gulp.