ErikT

Saragosa SRG5000SW - price differences

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

The 4000 BG will go on a 8’ GUSA And the Thunnus 4000 will go on an original xsra 1204

10 hours ago, ErikT said:

The 4000 BG will go on a 8’ GUSA And the Thunnus 4000 will go on an original xsra 1204

I am dumping all my Stella’s and Saltigas and moving to the BG’s. For the few times I fish these days, I just can’t justify the cost of them anymore. I do love the bg’s So far. 

2 hours ago, Maine Guide said:

I am dumping all my Stella’s and Saltigas and moving to the BG’s. For the few times I fish these days, I just can’t justify the cost of them anymore. I do love the bg’s So far. 

Are you all right?

It’s funny the Back Bay cost more but clearly when handling the BG feels superior. Not a lot of difference but the BG just feels a little more solid/tight. 

11 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Are you all right?

Not really sure. 

I used to to love to fish. Than I found the PG, and discovered a whole bunch of Liberals I feel I need to “educate”. So I gave up fishing. 

I had a few diawas and wasnt impressed.  I love my gosa and my other shimanos.  Cant go wrong with shimano except being prepared to spend a little more.

13 hours ago, Maine Guide said:

Not really sure. 

I used to to love to fish. Than I found the PG, and discovered a whole bunch of Liberals I feel I need to “educate”. So I gave up fishing. 

You know, four of the twelve Apostles were fishermen.  None of them were Internet ranters. If St. Peter asks what you did in your later years, what are you going to say?

3 mins ago, BrianBM said:

You know, four of the twelve Apostles were fishermen.  None of them were Internet ranters. If St. Peter asks what you did in your later years, what are you going to say?

That much like Jesus, I tried my best to help the blind see.

Happy 4th to you Mully!

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Maine Guide said:

Move to North Carolina, you will feel  at home.

Talking from my own experience.

Also expect buying guns by dozens...

Edited by Mircopolo
Misspelled

On 6/18/2020 at 1:17 PM, ged said:

I cashed in Cabela’s points for a Saragosa 6000 this week. $269

My saragosa didn’t last. Gears went after a few good fish. Too bad because it was butter smooth as first. 

18 mins ago, ged said:

My saragosa didn’t last. Gears went after a few good fish. Too bad because it was butter smooth as first. 

Are you shark fishing with your Gosa? I've seen guys use 25000 and 20000 with no issues. Never heard of any complaints about the gears going bad, they are built like tanks.

3 mins ago, iputmyhoursin said:

Are you shark fishing with your Gosa? I've seen guys use 25000 and 20000 with no issues. Never heard of any complaints about the gears going bad, they are built like tanks.

Believe it or not a 12 year old and a few decent fish in current killed the 6000SW.  I know the reel isn’t a winch, but they gears were junk and reel was accepted back by Cabelas this weekend after inspection. 

Backbay 4k help up to a number of +20# bass this spring and its great, I'm sure you wont be disappointed!