Saragosa SRG5000SW - price differences

Rate this topic

ErikT

So I'm looking to grab a gift-card to Cabelas from a ThankQ point program at work. I can basically get a $700.00 gift-card if I want to. So I've been shopping around a bit for a new small reel i want to put on an old 8' GUSA I have... 

Here's the very strange part. Cabelas has a much different description AND price than tackledirect...   The listed weight is 4 OZ off... 

TackleDirect is sold out regardless but I'm more curious about the weight difference...  

TD followed by Cabelas

TackleDirect.JPG

Cabelas.JPG

That was a mistake in shimano description database from early on. Everybody is using the same incorrect data. The reel itself is 16oz.  The only difference between the 5k and the 6k is the spool depth.

Edited by hobobob

4 mins ago, hobobob said:

That was a mistake in shimano description database from early on. Everybody is using the same incorrect data. The reel itself is 16oz.  The only difference between the 5k and the 6k is the spool depth.

Thank you that helps and I’m glad the lighter weight was the accurate weight. :D 

58 mins ago, ErikT said:

So I'm looking to grab a gift-card to Cabelas from a ThankQ point program at work. I can basically get a $700.00 gift-card if I want to. So I've been shopping around a bit for a new small reel i want to put on an old 8' GUSA I have... 

Here's the very strange part. Cabelas has a much different description AND price than tackledirect...   The listed weight is 4 OZ off... 

TackleDirect is sold out regardless but I'm more curious about the weight difference...  

TD followed by Cabelas

TackleDirect.JPG

Cabelas.JPG

You can also use that card at Basspro I believe. And they have a much better Saltwater selection than Cabelas. 

12 mins ago, ErikT said:

Ged was that the SW or the regular?  I only ask because they show 2 models on cable as site. 

thank you,

erik

SW

i bet the other one is the new release that is pending. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I went back and forth a bunch on this and I was dealing specifically with gift cards for Cabelas \ basspro...  A lot of reels are out of stock.  Spheros SW in the size I wanted unavailable. Almost got the Stella 4000 SW but didn't pull the trigger.. I have a need for some smaller reels to bounce around the bay so I ended up getting a few different reels for various 7', 8', 10' rods.... And some line for good measure... 

basspro.JPG

Nice purchases. I have the back bay 3k and absolutely love it. Great fluke and schoolie reel. I'm sure it could handle some bigger fish but I haven't put anything big on it yet. I also have a bg, but a 5k size. The feel of that reel is incredible. At around $100 it feels smoother and stronger than some of my $300 reels. And it's a workhorse for sure.

I read a lot of reviews, watched a lot of videos and used Alan Hawk's site as a reference to make an informed decision on the Daiwa's... (Although I don't  The Thunnus was a no-brainer a I have a 120000 in the arsenal and I know it's a solid, smooth, reliable reel. 

Looking forward to Daiwa's... I've heard they have taken the lead over Shimano ....   We shall see about that!

3 mins ago, mazisama said:

I have the backbay 3000 for my yak and I am living it. i would go with the backbay 4000 instead unless you are using 10-15lb test. if fishing from shore, I would go with the Stradic FL, they cast much better than Daiwa imo

Thank you Mazi. I ended up with the 3000 back and the 4000 BG. Very nice. I just got them today. Paired the 3000 with a 7’ St. Croix Premier Surf. Balances well. I have no objective with this setup. I like walking the bay shore casting stuff so this will be a nice light setup to do that. 

2E5FBE87-9106-4008-80CE-9AEBB6523397.jpeg

D207EFFA-7440-4505-9EF6-32BBAEC52105.jpeg

Edited by ErikT