mwhitt80

My new kayak came in

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I had to get one that could double as a kid carrier.

My daughter loves riding with me, but she only wants to ride in my ascend. I kinda hate that kayak.Time to try to sale the ascend on swap and shop.

Edited by mwhitt80

The kids will have room to breakdance on the Jackson! My children are all grown up, but we just adopted another one.

35ABB501-AF78-40EF-9F7E-F3C34FB4E0A9.jpeg

B1391396-CA7A-4E21-98E0-4C3968703E1C.jpeg

It’s like Christmas , my new one came also , 30.5” wide 62 pounds and no annoying  pedal drive hole or drive. There is even a wheel on the stern!

Old school obsolete  Native Slayer 12, brand new I love it for the lakes around home. Have to  use these sticks with boards on them called paddles to get around, what a novel idea! 
Yours looks great, even better with kids on it!....Jack

7648C33A-8D9B-4EF7-99BD-1C73F3A03EB0.jpeg

57782DE8-A5C3-4B93-A035-6F53B925ABF6.jpeg

8D6E28BC-E936-4BAF-837D-98E8C7C6A0A8.jpeg

5 hours ago, mwhitt80 said:

IMG_20200618_103344739_HDR.jpg.a6b8bef600e26720c600e5a98260f53b.jpgA Jackson yupik. I'm excited to get it on the water. The kids were sold separately.

Nice man I like the deck space

40 mins ago, Bulldog said:

There is even a wheel on the stern!

My bud has one of those natives,,he say's the wheel kinda doubles as a skeg. You need to have a balanced load to roll it but the wheel rocks!

Nice looking Eddyline. Good luck with your new ride. Where did you pick it up? Keel guard will help keep it looking great. Did you get the cloud seat with it ?

5 hours ago, cheech said:

The kids will have room to breakdance on the Jackson! My children are all grown up, but we just adopted another one.

35ABB501-AF78-40EF-9F7E-F3C34FB4E0A9.jpeg

B1391396-CA7A-4E21-98E0-4C3968703E1C.jpeg

Awesome picture with the doggy Cheech!!

Thank you. I ordered it from REI on Memorial Day Weekend. They shipped it to the wrong store in Jersey and offered me another 15% off to ship another one to the store near me. I did get the cloud seat, it’s pretty sweet. Only had it out in a few local ponds in South Jersey but i can’t wait to get out in the salt.  Got a few accessories but I’m trying to keep it light. Didn’t think about the keel guard. I’m going to pick one up. Does Eddyline make one or aftermarket?

23 hours ago, mwhitt80 said:

IMG_20200618_103344739_HDR.jpg.a6b8bef600e26720c600e5a98260f53b.jpgA Jackson yupik. I'm excited to get it on the water. The kids were sold separately.

Looks great...quick question...aren't those rod holder in back a bit too much behind the seat. It would be tough to monitor the rods for hits while trolling and pain to reach for them when fish is on.

49 mins ago, computeruser said:

Looks great...quick question...aren't those rod holder in back a bit too much behind the seat. It would be tough to monitor the rods for hits while trolling and pain to reach for them when fish is on.

They were. I was just trying to play with the yakattack stuff to see how they worked.

Everything on the yupik, including the seat platform and foot holds, is mounted on yakattack rails so I can move  everything exactly where I want it.

I can take the entire seating platform out and have a completely level deck if want.

I took it out yesterday evening, and had a good time. I feel like I spent about as much time adjusting seat/foot positions and rod holder position as I did paddling/fishing.

I moved the seat into high position to fish which was really nice. Paddling out of high position was little different.

I guess paddling out of the high position might be better with a longer paddle, layout is pretty cool, can do just about anything with it including using a small cooler for a seat, glad it went well!.....Jack