Patagonia Waders

Rate this topic

Crazy_Legs

Hi,

I'd like to up my wader game.  I've been using Frogg Toggs boot foot waders for the last three years, and I've blasted thru two pairs of them.  They are good entry level waders, but I put in a lot of time on the water and I've already done two major patch jobs on my present pair this spring.  

I'm interested in a higher quality pair of waders, that are more durable and I'd like to make the switch to stocking foot waders.  I've been using Patagonia gear for hiking since the early 90's and I like generally like their stuff, it's well made and they have a friendly repair policy.  It seems tho, that the Patagonia fishing gear is totally focused on fly fishing and I'm having a hard time deciding which pair would work for surf fishing in the North East.  

Can anyone with experince recommend an all in one pair of Patagonia waders? I'm looking for something I can wear from March thru December, maybe when I fish on really hot day (which is super rare) I'll use my Frogg Toggs which are still totally serviceable. 

Where you at? Rocks and **** play a role. Pattagucci may be the way.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Ce n'est pas le mur derrière lequel il se passe quelque chose, mais bien la cuisinière dans laquelle on a brûlé quelque chose

11 mins ago, Strat said:

They are the only company that still has a good return/repair policy. I have had great luck with the skeena model over the years and would recommend them. They are lightweight and durable. Major upgrade from the Frogg Toggs.

Remember: there are only 2 kinds of waders: those that leak and those that will leak.

Totally, duct tape and rubber cement will only get you so far in life.

25 mins ago, jmlandru said:

Where you at? Rocks and **** play a role. Pattagucci may be the way.

That's funny my hiking buddy and I used to abvriate it to just The Pat-a-Guch.

I'm in Jerzy, but I make a coupe trips a year to MTK and the cape. So I hit it all, sand rocks cold, weeds, warm ect.

7 hours ago, Crazy_Legs said:

That's funny my hiking buddy and I used to abvriate it to just The Pat-a-Guch.

I'm in Jerzy, but I make a coupe trips a year to MTK and the cape. So I hit it all, sand rocks cold, weeds, warm ect.

check other forams. The Tav or the Jersey

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Ce n'est pas le mur derrière lequel il se passe quelque chose, mais bien la cuisinière dans laquelle on a brûlé quelque chose

The warranty thing always comes up in these discussions....while I agree it’s a nice thing to have. Why is it a companies problem to give you a brand new pair after you wore them in saltwater/rocks/hard terrain? Sounds kind of crazy.

ive have a tremendous run with my LL bean waders. 

I'll never say anything bad about Patagonia.  I have a lot of their stuff and like the company....but, I'd rather have 3 pairs of $150 waders than one very very very expensive pair regardless of manufacturer.  Aqua seal takes at least 24 hours to cure and I don't always have the ability to fix them right away.