Chass510

Dennis Port

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Hey guys..

Heading to Dennis Port this weekend for fathers day, I was wondering if there is beach access near by - to wet a line with my father. Well really just be targeting schoolies and it'd be more casual than a dedicated fishing day.

Thanks a lot guys and stay healthy

-Charles

I still cannot get used to the two word spelling. Not sure whose bright idea that was but for many years it was (and always will be in my mind) Dennisport.

As mentioned West Dennis beach offers some of the easiest and best access for fishing in the off hours. They will be charging for parking from 830-430 (approx.).

Often they have to close the second half of the parking lot for piping plover nest protection but if it is still open then drive to the West end and try the river. Either from near the parking area or out on the jetty.

2 hours ago, WorcBoy said:

West Dennis Beach Bass River

Herring River Dennisport/Harwich

I would support those choices or take a run down to South Cape beach In Mashpee

There’s tons of beach access close by. West Dennis you park right at the beach so there’s no walking. Bass river has plenty of locations for schoolies. Depending where you are, there are plenty of small jetties to fish around. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I believe the parking permit went into effect June 15th.  So at the beach lots you'll have to pay.  Not sure if you can pay on the spot at the beach parking lot or if you have to go to the town hall to buy a permit.  Anyone know?

Edited by clambellies

Was at a few lots in Dennis earlier this week and according to the signs, resident parking is enforced starting at 8am. In all cases, my truck was still there when I got back without a ticket. At the town harbor lot near Sesuit, there is an automated kiosk, so you can walk to the jetties or either of the beaches over there.

On 6/17/2020 at 10:11 AM, WorcBoy said:

West Dennis Beach Bass River

Herring River Dennisport/Harwich

no fish in herring river

3 hours ago, clambellies said:

I believe the parking permit went into effect June 15th.  So at the beach lots you'll have to pay.  Not sure if you can pay on the spot at the beach parking lot or if you have to go to the town hall to buy a permit.  Anyone know?

be advised that Dennis is cutting back on their beach parking in order to reduce the amount of people on the beaches. West Dennis i know lost about 50 spots

4 mins ago, bradW said:

no fish in herring river

really?

thought the schoolies would be in that stretch for sure.

2 hours ago, bradW said:

be advised that Dennis is cutting back on their beach parking in order to reduce the amount of people on the beaches. West Dennis i know lost about 50 spots

Dennis has been closing down half the parking lot at W Dennis about this time for plovers for the last few years, may have nothing to do with social distance. Usually lasts til the fledglings leave, about a month.

2 hours ago, zeke04 said:

Dennis has been closing down half the parking lot at W Dennis about this time for plovers for the last few years, may have nothing to do with social distance. Usually lasts til the fledglings leave, about a month.

the town released specific guidance regarding beaches and COVID. ALL Dennis beaches are having parking restricted. If you plan to go to any beach for fun or fishing during the morning hours, be prepared to be turned away, especially on the bayside.

Hey guys! Fished a little bit behind our hotel in Dennis port (edgewater.. the one with the little canal) no luck. BUT stumbled upon this guy 

great trip all around. Even met with a coyote on the island outside Chatham! 

Much love for this beautiful state

-charles

5B207EF8-C48E-47A0-B7CB-19C56A49D078.jpeg

D0CCFFC8-934C-4FEE-9FBB-A8B40515C6F8.jpeg