Birdsnester

Most overrated, over hyped, over advertised, over publicized bait

Rate this topic

132 posts in this topic

1 min ago, Reed422 said:

it's crazy the lures on alibaba. So many look like either knock offs or they get them out of china and repackage them.

Clearly thats whats happening here. I cant even imagine the different factories pumping out fishing stuff alone  in China. Crazy. 

11 mins ago, fvgourami3 said:

Hahaha exactly. Who ever was insulting me for not buying American companies in the previous posts needs to wake up and work on their fibbing. I don't know if that was Baggs or not. But it is important to support our local USA tackle companies as much as possible. Its not ok to lie about your products and say they are made in USA when they are not. I get parts of the baits are outsourced, like hooks, but don't be a liar. 

I was refering to the Joe baggs resin jigs. A few companies including Fish snax have the same jig on the market. My guess is that they are outsourced and packaged for different companies in China. 

Heres a picture. 

what a joke!!!  Overrated for sure! LMAO

Top pic is fish snax, bottom pic is Joe Saggs. 

hard-snax-group-1.jpg

download-1.jpg

Made in China, Assembled in the USA.

1 hour ago, Reed422 said:

I tried that with a cormorant and the thing went ballistic. Two trebles in him. Not gonna lie, I just cut the line.

You had to be doing something right to fool a Cormorant. Or did you get him in mid-air?

1 hour ago, CaryGreene said:

You had to be doing something right to fool a Cormorant. Or did you get him in mid-air?

He flew into my line and the lure went into him. It was a Wallys Pencil, never caught anything with it anyway.

14 hours ago, HuyHavoc said:

To me, it's not more of the lure but the assortment of colors of the lures. Yes, there are times where a certain color works better than most but, in a sense, I believe the big assortment of colors specifically in the SP minnow and Hydro minnow case, there are a lot of colors that are practically useless in a majority of situations. It's more of an attempt to attract fishermen than fish. If you have a white, yellow, or dark shade lure in your bag, you'll be more than well equip to handle any situation revolving color day or night. Of course the discussion of profiles is another thing but in the case of colors, you will only need the 3. Just my personal opinion but hey throwing a parrot colored SP and nailing fish makes a good tale to tell and looks really good on camera haha

I have definitely learned this hard lesson granted I have my favorite colors. White/yellow, light shade, darker shade, and dark. 

1 hour ago, Reed422 said:

it's crazy the lures on alibaba. So many look like either knock offs or they get them out of china and repackage them.

I'm pretty sure theyre all made in the same place and the brand buying them just puts their own label and packaging on them.  Tsunami did a good job of doing this early.

4 hours ago, VitaminDee said:

Made in China, Assembled in the USA.

Ive got epoxy/resin jigs from Joe Baggs, Mighty Fish & a couple other tackle shops.

They all look the same. Where are Hogy epoxy jigs made?

I actually got some Joe Bags Albie chasers and resin jigs from my son for father day. look good to me. I have a few of his larger 3 & 4 oz soft baits next to my al gags stuff. Don't mind supporting  local guys as opposed to the big boys.

1 hour ago, WorcBoy said:

Ive got epoxy/resin jigs from Joe Baggs, Mighty Fish & a couple other tackle shops.

They all look the same. Where are Hogy epoxy jigs made?

I actually got some Joe Bags Albie chasers and resin jigs from my son for father day. look good to me. I have a few of his larger 3 & 4 oz soft baits next to my al gags stuff. Don't mind supporting  local guys as opposed to the big boys.

I think most of Hogy baits are made in China too. 

7 hours ago, zak-striper said:

You should ask @bassturds about the almost 7lb smallie that he caught on a Whopper Plopper.  :)

It’s a great freshwater bait, the smallies destroy it! Largemouth as well on windy summer days . Caught some schoolies on it as well.