Birdsnester

Most overrated, over hyped, over advertised, over publicized bait

Rate this topic

132 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, MorningWood said:

Clambrella. Really hard to cast and basically ineffective.

You're not trolling them fast enough then.

9 hours ago, hydraman said:

Sp 

Got to agree, they catch for sure but they've got to be one of my least favorite plugs to fish with. I'd rather throw a Bomber, Redfin or Mag any day.

On 6/17/2020 at 0:17 PM, Flip n Dip said:

I know I am going to get a lot of criticism for this but the most overhyped bait ever is the Yamamoto Senko. That’s right the holy sacred senko worshiped by bass fishermen everywhere! Way overrated! Oh yes I did!!!...I have caught waaay more bass on Berkeley power worms. And for the price senkos are now, Gary Yomamoto can shove every single one he makes!

how dare you

On 6/17/2020 at 8:47 AM, CWitek said:

Chatterbait spreader bars.

Yes, they catch fish, but no better than a standard bar.  They're been getting hyped the last couple of years far and above their actjual value.  

I never fished chatter.. But i do fish sterling's wide tracker... Not sure if the hype is around Chatters port and starboard selectable wide tracker....

What I can say about Sterling's is.... They work... They get out fairly wide without deploying the outriggers. 

And if we want can sent three off each rigger using these... (not that it's been needed) 

On 6/17/2020 at 11:44 AM, Dah seee said:

ODM Hybrid Glider. This was over advertised all over social media on all platform when it dropped. Everybody I knew went out to get one like it's a 'must have' lure in your bag. Rarely see people catch anything with it. On top of that $40 for a manufactured plug with angry bird looking eyes. No thank you. People buy into the hype too much these days. 

Interesting... I never saw one in person and wondered if it even hit the market.. Lol

On 6/17/2020 at 10:27 AM, CWitek said:

Caught a lot of fish on cedar jigs, too, and they're nothing but a hunk of raw wood with a lead head.

Spent the day crimping pin rigs, teasers and cedars plugs... 

Pulled out one that once had a Dorado finish... It's 90% chipped and melted away.... I go to my friend as a test..... Do you ant me to re crimp it or retire it?  He paused... And said.... "Are you kidding me, that's the luckiest thing on the damn boat" 

Proceeded to re crimp it and put it in the essentials box and put the freshies in the coffin box. 

On 6/17/2020 at 9:25 AM, TopwaterPete said:

Savage Gear 3D squids, topwater bat lures, etc. That company's marketing team gets an A+, but their lures, not so much!

So last week there was a huge push of squid where I am, and fluking hasn't really kicked off too well yet. I pulled out a Savage squid to try it and caught like 20 bass in an hour, nothing huge but mostly around keeper size. Funny you brought it up because I actually recommend that bait

0CE2EFD6-9424-40D6-942A-011DB0E0B741.jpeg

On 6/17/2020 at 9:19 AM, carznfish said:

20+ dollar plastic swimming minnow plugs with ****** hooks and rings 

I’m with you.  I’ve never caught a thing with them.  People swear by them though.

On 6/17/2020 at 9:51 AM, emptyhook said:

C112CD83-4DDE-4CB0-B5E5-E5709DF7000A.jpeg

LoL have you tried them?  I saw a video of some dude in Florida it think it was doing well with them

2 mins ago, Birdsnester said:

LoL have you tried them?  I saw a video of some dude in Florida it think it was doing well with them

No just a picture stole. In reality they would definitely catch.