The lines are drawn in my family from the corona believers.

Rate this topic

Goldy

6 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

If trump won’t wear a mask

i won’t either

’murica

He never said that.

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

My mother has fell into the corona virus is getting worse.  She is choosing to isolate.  My sisters will be there with their kids and they will be forced to wear masks as well.  I do not believe in wearing masks outside or inside with social distancing.   I hear all your points.  

My mother called me trump and said i'm a narcissist, but I don't see how.   My parents are divorced and my father showed up the other day at my house when it was 85 degrees outside with an N95 on and I just shook my head.  I mean, my wife is tested every week.  

I hear the points where people say your mother will not be around forever and I wished i would see her.    Some people say i'm being selfish.  I'm a believe in what i believe.  

if I could get my hands on MAGA gear for sunday I would totally do it.  I have my 2nd amendment bandana with revolvers crossed around my mouth that I wear to the store, but that's not a big enough statement for me.    The whole thing is stupid.... This fake virus is ruining people's lives.. 

Is this the new normal for my family?  Maybe

Just now, Jmat321 said:

Have you all had the antibody tests?  A lot of people locally here have tested positive.  My wife and I both have the antibodies and that has quelled fear from family members who have been reluctant to get together.  

Not a bad idea, we should go get them.. 

1 min ago, Jmat321 said:

Have you all had the antibody tests?  A lot of people locally here have tested positive.  My wife and I both have the antibodies and that has quelled fear from family members who have been reluctant to get together.  

Wife and I had no testing, but back in Januaryish, people at her work and mine were incredibly sick. Pneumonia, fevers, people stating they had never been so sick in their lives. I remember thinking it was weird, as did my wife. 

People coughing all over the place and I was grossed out. 

I wonder if that was Covid a lot. It ran rampant, but neither my wife or I got sick at all.  

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

1 min ago, fish'nmagician said:

Stupid old people and their fear of a deadly disease. 

You just call his mother stupid?

-Numbnuts

3 mins ago, Mokes said:

Wife and I had no testing, but back in Januaryish, people at her work and mine were incredibly sick. Pneumonia, fevers, people stating they had never been so sick in their lives. I remember thinking it was weird, as did my wife. 

People coughing all over the place and I was grossed out. 

I wonder if that was Covid a lot. It ran rampant, but neither my wife or I got sick at all.  

Basically what happened in my workplace and my kid’s school sans the pneumonia. I was not right for about a week and a half.  Wife and kids sick for about 3-4 days.  Just before the lockdown, doctors wouldn’t test any of us.

I wish I had a mom and a dad to spend Father's day with. 

Don't take for granted they will be here on this Earth forever. Put aside this silly crap, put on a mask and man up for your parents. 

It's the least you can do. They are in that age group that puts them a risk. Err on the side of caution. It is not a huge request. It's not like they are asking you all to wear  hazmat suits. 

How would you feel if you passed, stayed home and by some unfortunate incident, lost them both in the near future? 

How happy would you be that you stood by your principals? How important would those principals seem at that point? 

Two things to remember:

1. Don't sweat the small stuff.

2. It's all small stuff. 

Edited by J

16 mins ago, Goldy said:

My mother has fell into the corona virus is getting worse.  She is choosing to isolate.  My sisters will be there with their kids and they will be forced to wear masks as well.  I do not believe in wearing masks outside or inside with social distancing.   I hear all your points.  

My mother called me trump and said i'm a narcissist, but I don't see how.   My parents are divorced and my father showed up the other day at my house when it was 85 degrees outside with an N95 on and I just shook my head.  I mean, my wife is tested every week.  

I hear the points where people say your mother will not be around forever and I wished i would see her.    Some people say i'm being selfish.  I'm a believe in what i believe.  

if I could get my hands on MAGA gear for sunday I would totally do it.  I have my 2nd amendment bandana with revolvers crossed around my mouth that I wear to the store, but that's not a big enough statement for me.    The whole thing is stupid.... This fake virus is ruining people's lives.. 

Is this the new normal for my family?  Maybe

"Fake virus"?

Seriously?

Are you saying that the Corona Virus isn't real?

30 mins ago, Goldy said:

I'm a believe in what i believe.  

The trick is respecting that other people might believe something just as much as you believe what you believe :)

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

9 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

At this point I’m unclenching. Kids are back to sports in a limited manner. Seeing friends etc.  I try and take reasonable precautions. Wearing a mask at someone else’s house, at their request, seems reasonable to me. 

I'm happy to remain antisocial. Forever.

-Numbnuts