Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. June 16 - June 23

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, beertherty said:

The OP stated "Post your success or skunks.   Either way, black or white, zero to hero,  let us all know where the bite is good or is it not worth fishing at all."

That said, I don't mind sharing.  If I can help put you folks on fish that's a good thing.  I appreciate everyone's help as well  Our combined intel paints the picture.

No, please DON’T let us and the rest of the internet know where the fish are. And if you yourself are expecting locations, then you’re **** out of luck. 

With all due respect to the OP, he seems like a nice guy, but he doesn’t run the site. It’s in the rules: No specific locations. And it’s for good reason. 

3 hours ago, rbart said:

No, please DON’T let us and the rest of the internet know where the fish are. And if you yourself are expecting locations, then you’re **** out of luck. 

With all due respect to the OP, he seems like a nice guy, but he doesn’t run the site. It’s in the rules: No specific locations. And it’s for good reason. 

The lead in preamble for this blog was written three fishing seasons ago when weekly reports stated getting grouped for easier access. Obvious times have changed, fishing conditions have changed, virus and access has changed. Is it spot burning when a general area of greater distance holds no fish, or there is no chance of success. I don't think so?  The hurricane barrier to Gaspee Point is a pretty large area by boat. He's not giving away parking places, specific rocks in a semi-closed down fishing season, so that helps us avoid the area. How is that  spot burning when he had no success?  That's like saying I'm eating at Aunt Carries in December. Don't go there when I'm there. I need social spacing. Everyone knows Aunt Carrie's closes before Columbus Day.  

I would hate to see potential would be poster scared off here from adding their own fish reports if they felt they were being singled out or scolded every time they made a post. It helps if we all contribute, it helps the group as a whole.   

Edited by Capt.Castafly

2 hours ago, rbart said:

I spot burn the spots I fish. I go fishing for fishing spots. Not for fish. Doesn’t mean they will catch though lol most of the time the people I tell skunk and yell at me 

31 mins ago, LockedDrag said:

I spot burn the spots I fish. I go fishing for fishing spots. Not for fish. Doesn’t mean they will catch though lol most of the time the people I tell skunk and yell at me 

But step back and think about how that affects the other people who fish those spots regularly?

Nobody owns spots or rocks but let people find their own fish and spots.  I share conditions, catch results, bait,etc but not spots openly because folks need to put their time in and figure that out themselves.  Why should folks who put countless hours in and make sacrifices to find consistent fishing get crowded out by people who read about it on the intranet, trash spots, and have no care for the places they fish because the dont appreciate the work that people put in to gain that knowledge.  Now i exchange info on specific spots with folks i know, who i know will not blab and will reciprocate with information, but that is not knowledge everyone is entitled to.  Too many people want instant gratification......

again LockedDrag, not specifically aimed at you. Just food for thought

34 mins ago, Kooky said:

But step back and think about how that affects the other people who fish those spots regularly?

Nobody owns spots or rocks but let people find their own fish and spots.  I share conditions, catch results, bait,etc but not spots openly because folks need to put their time in and figure that out themselves.  Why should folks who put countless hours in and make sacrifices to find consistent fishing get crowded out by people who read about it on the intranet, trash spots, and have no care for the places they fish because the dont appreciate the work that people put in to gain that knowledge.  Now i exchange info on specific spots with folks i know, who i know will not blab and will reciprocate with information, but that is not knowledge everyone is entitled to.  Too many people want instant gratification......

again LockedDrag, not specifically aimed at you. Just food for thought

I know what you mean. I don’t worry about that stuff though. No one I tell is a litter bug. They all know about the spots already anyways. Just not where in the area the bite is hot. I don’t mind sharing. I got plenty of spots I tell people even though I know they won’t go there no matter how desperate they are lol

On 6/23/2020 at 9:13 AM, PatFin401 said:

Using rubber hooks again?

Wouldn't be the first guy to put on a new lure and forget to take the plastic hook protectors off !  Talk about feeling stupid when you finally find out....

On 6/23/2020 at 9:13 AM, PatFin401 said:

Using rubber hooks again?

Wouldn't be the first guy to put on a new lure and forget to take the plastic hook protectors off !  Talk about feeling stupid when you finally find out....

2 hours ago, optimist said:

Took me 30 minutes one time. Found out when the bite died smh

Been a long winter and a longer spring for me and this morning will be taking the first cast into that empty ocean.Gave myself a week to catch something so should be able to post a few vague skunk filled reports. Very much look forward to seeing my SoCo surfcasting buds and local B+T owners again. 

everyone wants to be an hero, the term tight lipped and secretive doesn't exist in today's younger generation.the second a bite is found they cant wait to tell everyone they know to make themselves "feel cool" 

What makes me "feel cool" is catching big fish all by myself and leaving everyone else to wonder where im fishing 

Edited by ranger9

2 hours ago, ranger9 said:

everyone wants to be an hero, the term tight lipped and secretive doesn't exist in today's younger generation.the second a bite is found they cant wait to tell everyone they know to make themselves "feel cool" 

What makes me "feel cool" is catching big fish all by myself and leaving everyone else to wonder where im fishing 

Yup. Exactly. That's why kids these days are 'stuck' on social media trying to show off.

I try to fish weekdays now to avoid them. But due to COVID all the kids now have nothing better to do than hanging out.... might be hard to avoid them this summer.

Middle bay is starting to warm up and scup have invaded as of last night. Just a week ago cocktail blues and schoolie stripers were plentiful. Last night all scup nibbling at my bait. I caught three on a 7/0 hook LOL.