MontclairDave

Nomoco Area Closed?

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

SH beach access from a certain northern lot you all know closed. You can walk to beach but all access to the right is closed off. No reason, just signs warning about environmentally fragile area. Anyone know if this is temporary due to piping plovers or something? Or is this a whole summer thing? Did the long walk through the dunes in middle of the night after putting 5 hours in at another beach and was pretty bummed to have to turn right around and head back to car. Live and let live, I guess.

It’s the birds. It’s been that way for a while. There is still some access though right? About 200-300 yards of beach right out front from the lot? I was gonna go there tomorrow afternoon.

10 hours ago, MontclairDave said:

SH beach access from a certain northern lot you all know closed. You can walk to beach but all access to the right is closed off. No reason, just signs warning about environmentally fragile area. Anyone know if this is temporary due to piping plovers or something? Or is this a whole summer thing? Did the long walk through the dunes in middle of the night after putting 5 hours in at another beach and was pretty bummed to have to turn right around and head back to car. Live and let live, I guess.

That beach closes every year for the Piping plovers, It's kinda a Pita but the beach opens at anytime during the summer, Last year was right about this time, other years it opens late. You just never know when they will open but, I can assure you it is not a whole summer thing.

Stupidest thing ever

My wife and I were at a public beach yesterday where the back side of the beach has a stringed off area and a cage over a plover nest.

A pair of tiny baby chicks were running all around us, no fear, didn't care at all 

Which begs the question, why do they need to completely shut off large areas to foot traffic along the edge ?

My theory is that the Audubon crew contains a large number of Peta type crazies who are using this to keep us from hurting the poor fish wherever they can get away with it

1 hour ago, Sudsy said:

Stupidest thing ever

Which begs the question, why do they need to completely shut off large areas to foot traffic along the edge ?

For the same reason, they have Fences on the Dunes along with Signs every 15 ft saying keep off the Dunes ---Because there are stupid people. who do the damage while others suffer. 

4 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Stupidest thing eve

My theory is that the Audubon crew contains a large number of Peta type crazies who are using this to keep us from hurting the poor fish wherever they can get away with it

Yep with 130 Miles of beaches to fish from that area are is full of W.E.W. And some of the poorest fishing along the NJ Coast.   

nj beach.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Can someone let me know if this area is still partially closed due to the birds? If it is, can you fish right at the beach when the guards are on duty? I was told they are on duty now. If you can’t, when do the guards leave? My son has been begging me to go back there. We were gonna go to tomorrow. I think the answer to my second question is no and the answer to my third is 6pm but I wanted to double check.

Edited by Sevendust111

Anyone have an update on North beach? I cant find the link for that particular beach again. Don't really want to take that walk and have to turn around. Thanks in advance.

It is a very sad situation. There are more people than ever before, in those parking lots. There is less space open to the public. There is even lesser space open to fishing than ever before. Your best hope is mother nature blasting a T storm through at 4 PM so you can fish the bathing beaches. Plenty of soft structure on the bathing beaches with numerous places to catch fish on the front side. 

The  leftist nuts from the A....hole society rule the roost with the park superintendent.  I see many of them walking closed off areas, just don't do it with a fishing rod.  The rangers are good guys with few exceptions, and the beach population is about to increase. I was told by one of them last night, that the ferry service from Manhattan to the park is beginning this week. The crowd on that boat has more swish..... and sway with the park super than all of my fly rods combined!

Yeah been happening for years that way. Very smart, close off foot traffic along the surf line and still allow patrols with beach buggies and trucks above the surf line. Makes sense to me, lol!!! Certain people have ignored the signs and just go fish where they want in the dark of night, I would never, wink wink...

On 6/15/2020 at 8:38 AM, Sudsy said:

Stupidest thing ever

My wife and I were at a public beach yesterday where the back side of the beach has a stringed off area and a cage over a plover nest.

A pair of tiny baby chicks were running all around us, no fear, didn't care at all 

Ppl can’t stay off the dunes and you think they will stay off the nests?

not saying it’s right but ppl are dumb in general

9 mins ago, wasy said:

Ppl can’t stay off the dunes and you think they will stay off the nests?

not saying it’s right but ppl are dumb in general

I hear ya man.
I’m not sure if dumb is the right word. I lean towards ignorant selfish and entitled. Wait that’s three words. My bad.

Eeeeels.........

On 6/15/2020 at 8:38 AM, Sudsy said:

Stupidest thing ever

So when I was in Conn. I used to waterfowl hunt at Hammonassette State Park.....then the local Chap. of the Audubon Society anti- gun petitioned the state and had it closed to hunting....one evening I'm watching the local news and the reporter says...."While on photographic safari in Africa a local Conn. Chap. of the Audubon Society was held up by bandits and two men were killed"......next screen shot....the members being interviewed yelling " Where were the men with the guns to protect us".....never forgot that moment....Classic.

11 hours ago, AH Perry said:

Yeah been happening for years that way. Very smart, close off foot traffic along the surf line and still allow patrols with beach buggies and trucks above the surf line. Makes sense to me, lol!!! Certain people have ignored the signs and just go fish where they want in the dark of night, I would never, wink wink...

Yea I don’t get it. The surf line is so much further down past the dunes the birds are way back. Down in south jersey where I fish about 150 yards after the dunes is closed but then past that, say 200 yards to the surf, is open for fishing and beached goers. NB is even even farther to the surf. Why can’t they just do the same as south jersey?