Jim A.

Smack it jr 35. Poppers ..can’t find them ? Help !

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

My best suggestion is to find someone online who still has one of your favorite baits and have someone make a mold before they're gone.....poof!

Yes.  It appears. Many places have them till you place an order.   Then on b o ..

I kick myself.  Gave a few away last yr....fisherman’s hq had one.   Yes 1 ..

Many thanks to all.   Scored some at surf land.     Dah.   20 miles away ...they were great.    What an iconic place.    I used to go there as a kid 55 yrs. ago.   

Does anyone know if these are knock offs or original Stillwater made? It seems the last few years they have been hard to find. Are they still being made? Looks like Stillwater web site is active. Maybe local stores are just not stocking them. 

I have two that are getting old. One of my favorite small poppers. Would like to be able to get some if needed. 

7 hours ago, JimKu said:

Does anyone know if these are knock offs or original Stillwater made? It seems the last few years they have been hard to find. Are they still being made? Looks like Stillwater web site is active. Maybe local stores are just not stocking them. 

I have two that are getting old. One of my favorite small poppers. Would like to be able to get some if needed. 

One company made the generic plastic bodies that everyone was using - none of the companies that were hanging hooks and split rings on those plastic bodies actually made them :read:

TimS

So finally got to test the lure against competition.

Well I had two guys out with me on Saturday, both were fishing smack it, and I was fishing or Yozuri three d.

on purpose

...Obviously we fished within 10 yards of one another the smack it’s out fish me 8 to one  all day....And I mean all day. So it was proof positive that it is something about the rattle in that popper ..

they caught 8 fish to my one.   And we were blind casting !   So it was getting the fish to respond ..

today I used the smack it jr.    caught a to. Of fish that were lazy.    Nobody hates spending 15.00 a lure more than me.   But I’m convinced 

Wanted to dig this one back up. I haven’t seen these at any of my local B&Ts and none of the online vendors have them. Safe to say the Smack It is no more? The Hogy Charter Grade popper seems to be the next closest option.