Jig Man

JM Pikies with a twist, info thread

131 posts in this topic

Just a little teaser of something that is now in the works. I'll put up a sale thread when they are done (will be at least a few weeks). Anyway, I shipped off a box of my 2 oz and 3 oz pikies to my good friend Noel of K4 Lurebuilding (you can find him on FB under that name, or remove the space for insta). I turned, sealed, and added the lead. Over the next few weeks Noel will be doing his magic with the airbrush on those pikies. If you have seen his stuff on FB or in person at the Berkeley show, you know he does some really cool things with the airbrush. Much better than what I can do! Once Noel finishes them up, he'll send them back to me to wire up, add hardware, and test swim. After that, both batches (2 oz and 3 oz) will be listed for sale here.  I have no idea what he will come up with, all I told Noel was to have fun while painting. I have no doubt they'll be some killer looking pikies once he is done! I'll get him to add a photo or two here along the way once he gets some all dressed up. I should also note that Noel builds excellent plugs. So if you have not checked out his stuff yet, it would be worth your while to do so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jig Man said:

Just a little teaser of something that is now in the works. I'll put up a sale thread when they are done (will be at least a few weeks). Anyway, I shipped off a box of my 2 oz and 3 oz pikies to my good friend Noel of K4 Lurebuilding (you can find him on FB under that name, or remove the space for insta). I turned, sealed, and added the lead. Over the next few weeks Noel will be doing his magic with the airbrush on those pikies. If you have seen his stuff on FB or in person at the Berkeley show, you know he does some really cool things with the airbrush. Much better than what I can do! Once Noel finishes them up, he'll send them back to me to wire up, add hardware, and test swim. After that, both batches (2 oz and 3 oz) will be listed for sale here.  I have no idea what he will come up with, all I told Noel was to have fun while painting. I have no doubt they'll be some killer looking pikies once he is done! I'll get him to add a photo or two here along the way once he gets some all dressed up. I should also note that Noel builds excellent plugs. So if you have not checked out his stuff yet, it would be worth your while to do so. 

Sweet!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance you have a rough idea of what the price point will be for the 3 oz pikies? Also how would you compare the 3oz pikies to the 3.5oz you sold last year? Love the action on my 3.5's I purchased. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, captahab416 said:

Any chance you have a rough idea of what the price point will be for the 3 oz pikies? Also how would you compare the 3oz pikies to the 3.5oz you sold last year? Love the action on my 3.5's I purchased. Thanks!

$22 for 3 oz and $20 for 2 oz. Both the 2 and 3 oz have one belly hook and a tail hook. All of my pikies have a similar action. Wake on top, nose down, good tail wag, and some roll. If you want them subsurface, bend the lip up a bit and they'll dig some. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a thread in the cbst sellers forum that has some additional info on how I use a number of my plugs. One post on pikies and how to bend the lip. Also a post towards the bottom of that thread that has a few videos of plugs in action. There is one for the 3 oz pikie and another for the 3/4 oz pikie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 mins ago, Jig Man said:

I have a thread in the cbst sellers forum that has some additional info on how I use a number of my plugs. One post on pikies and how to bend the lip. Also a post towards the bottom of that thread that has a few videos of plugs in action. There is one for the 3 oz pikie and another for the 3/4 oz pikie.

Here is a link that will take you to the page Jigman is referring to where you can see the vids of plugs swimming and his personal detailed description on the action of each plug, where, what conditions, and when to fish his different lures and tuning of his plugs. For a weekend hobbiest, Jigman knows his Marketing & Sales!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jig Man said:

I have a thread in the cbst sellers forum that has some additional info on how I use a number of my plugs. One post on pikies and how to bend the lip. Also a post towards the bottom of that thread that has a few videos of plugs in action. There is one for the 3 oz pikie and another for the 3/4 oz pikie.

Say it ain't ... sob ... so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Linesideslayer said:

 For a weekend hobbiest, Jigman knows his Marketing & Sales!

Not sure about that! Just want folks to be happy with any plug they get from me. Figure if people have a better idea of how I fish stuff and the conditions I fish them the better they are able to pick the plugs that will work for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Southcoastphil said:

"He's a witch!  Burn him!!!!"

 

"He turned me into a newt."

Did you get better?

10 hours ago, mtkstriper said:

about time... JM!  I can test them you know right? ;o)

Yep, long over due!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.