JBay718

Registering Van Staal

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

How do I register my Van staal? I see a lot of people talking about it. I have 2 VSX and a VR, I want to register them but I do not know how. I can not access the Van Staal website on my iPhone nor on my computer. Would appreciate any help and experience...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

You should not have any problem accessing vanstaal web site. You must be typing something wrong or your network has issues. Click on customer support and in the pop-up menu click product registration.

 

 

ACC02C44-4AB8-4284-A029-E3A5FB5DBF75.png

Edited by levari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, levari said:

You should not have any problem accessing vanstaal web site. You must be typing something wrong or your network has issues. Click on customer support and in the pop-up menu click product registration.

 

 

ACC02C44-4AB8-4284-A029-E3A5FB5DBF75.png

Maybe I should not be having issues but the fact of the matter is I am having issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, JBay718 said:

Maybe I should not be having issues but the fact of the matter is I am having issues.

I am sure you are having issues otherwise you would not start a new thread. So step 1 is to find out if the issue is with the site or your systems. The image I posted is showing that the site is up and running. So Now all you need to do is figure out what’s wrong on your side..Wrong URL? Network issues ? It’s called troubleshooting.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

The url is correct,  I’m guessing it’s the network but have no experience on troubleshooting and adjusting network settings to make it work. It is the network I can access it on cellular data only but not my WiFi.

Edited by JBay718

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 mins ago, levari said:

I am sure you are having issues otherwise you would not start a new thread. So step 1 is to find out if the issue is with the site or your systems. The image I posted is showing that the site is up and running. So Now all you need to do is figure out what’s wrong on your side..Wrong URL? Network issues ? It’s called troubleshooting.
 

Isn’t this the place where we can find answers from our brothers rather than snark from randos? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JClams said:

Isn’t this the place where we can find answers from our brothers rather than snark from randos? 

I went out of my way to check the site, find the menu which you can register your reel and then I capture the image in my camera and posted it in my post. What did you do to help with the issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JBay718 said:

The url is correct,  I’m guessing it’s the network but have no experience on troubleshooting and adjusting network settings to make it work. It is the network I can access it on cellular data only but not my WiFi.

If you can access SOL on your browser the network is Most likely not the issue.  What exactly do you see on your browser when you enter the url of vanstaal ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It must be a firewall on my network that prevents the van staal site from coming up. SOL probably has some type of different coding that the firewall allows. The issue is resolved I accessed the website with my WiFi off and registered my reels. I am fine with doing that before dismantling firewalls set on my network that can potentially prevent me from being hacked in someway. I used to be tech savvy but put that down a long time ago. I created this thread because I have come across people experiencing the same issues with the site so I figured maybe I can help someone else by getting an answer on how to properly grant access to the site if it is being blocked. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

iPhone does not have a firewall you are correct , your network has a firewall. If iPhone is connected to the WiFi with said firewall it will block certain things. I have experienced this with other stuff like PlayStation 4 and I had to turn a bunch of stuff off on my network to get it to connect. Turning that stuff off can leave weak points for security breaches. So I rather just take my iPhone ofF the WiFi at my house and access it through cellular data on my iPhone which worked. Definitely a firewall/network security settings issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.