PSegnatelli

Shops

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Wonder if those walleye fingerlings made it.  Had them in a aquarium at Newtown B&T.  

I'll definitely check out the newer shop in Newtown.  Hopefully he's doin ok with the Rona and lack of sales.   

Tiderunner. Was the gunshop CT Gun. Exchange?   

North Atlantic Sportsman still open on 25?   I remember I stopped in one day coming home from work (meatcutter).  I walk in there and this huge dog just about tackles me to the ground! Just starts licking me from top to bottom (cause I smell like a Tbone)  the lady couldn't figure why the hell her dog was luvin me so much.   They were good folks.  I miss stoppin in there but I just don't go down that way too much.  

Either I got time or money.  Rarely do I have both!

6 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

Tiderunner. Was the gunshop CT Gun. Exchange?   

I knew the "Italian guy " thing would give it away. Joe had a ball teasing my son with the fart machine .Bought sold traded more than a few guns there.

57 mins ago, The TideRunner said:

I knew the "Italian guy " thing would give it away. Joe had a ball teasing my son with the fart machine .Bought sold traded more than a few guns there.

I only went in there a few times before he sold it.  But! He completely spoonfed me thru reloading equipment on my shoestring High School  burgerflipper budget. And was more than happy to do it.  

I had alot of great times with the other 2 guys that took it over too a few years later when I moved back to CT. 

On 6/13/2020 at 2:29 PM, The TideRunner said:

The new bait shop there in Black Rock, is that the old Jimmy O's? ( John worked there for a bit ) or as in past days, Ted's? Or Orbit? On Fairfield Ave?

Yes, he opened up in early April.  It is two doors up from Jimmy O's.  Ryan is the owner (worked for Jimmy for several years), great guy!  No BS, tells it like it is.  He did a nice job opening the new spot

On 6/12/2020 at 0:39 PM, PaulS said:

Bobby Js has burned more fishing spots than any other shop that I know of.  I refuse to spend $1 in there.

Rivers End gets most of my $.

LOL... B&T's can't spot burn.  Been going to Bobby J's for 20 plus years.  It's a great shop.  All B&T's want to put people on fish.  They are there to make money, it's not a secret service/charity.  Complaining that they "burned more spots than any other shop" is basically saying they are the best B&T around.     

On 6/14/2020 at 9:15 AM, flies-n-plugs said:

I’m trying to remember where that machine was.  Sadly Newtown bait and tackle is gone.  Rich and Jan were great, and for a shop 15 miles from the shore, they had a great surf selection too.  The new shop in Newtown is about 1 mile south of NB&T location, and is not related to the old shop.  The new owner is a vet who pours his own baits.  

Live a few towns over from the new shop and always pickup a few when I'm in the area. The owner is also a fair hand at making custom plugs too.

15926535324961629223895.jpg

17 hours ago, thebigangrybear said:

LOL... B&T's can't spot burn.  Been going to Bobby J's for 20 plus years.  It's a great shop.  All B&T's want to put people on fish.  They are there to make money, it's not a secret service/charity.  Complaining that they "burned more spots than any other shop" is basically saying they are the best B&T around.     

Not when he's acting as a guide service and takes five or six people to spots at the same time where there was no people there before. Very loud, parking where you're not supposed to Etc. Access has gotten restricted and no parking signs have been put up thanks to Bobby J's

Edited by PaulS

Bumping this.  

Just today I found out that Tom's Guns in Naugatuck has a small Bait and Tackle shop connected to it.  

I was very happy to learn this.  10mins from my house.  Carries all nature of live freshwater baits. Minnows, worms, crawfish, eels. Has frozen saltwater baits.  Small section of tackle.  

Plus a great gunshop.  One of the nicest staff I've ever come across. 

Bait shop is closed for the winter, said it'll open back up around March/April

Has anybody been to the shop in Thomaston?

On 11/24/2021 at 5:15 PM, PSegnatelli said:

Bumping this.  

Just today I found out that Tom's Guns in Naugatuck has a small Bait and Tackle shop connected to it.  

I was very happy to learn this.  10mins from my house.  Carries all nature of live freshwater baits. Minnows, worms, crawfish, eels. Has frozen saltwater baits.  Small section of tackle.  

Plus a great gunshop.  One of the nicest staff I've ever come across. 

Bait shop is closed for the winter, said it'll open back up around March/April

Has anybody been to the shop in Thomaston?

Sanzerries, is in Thomaston.  Used to hit it for icefishing baits before Newbury Archery in Goshen started selling bait.