north-shore fisha

Help Matching old Vinyl Siding

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have some damaged vinyl siding on my house.  The siding was on the house when I bought it in 2004 and it didn't look new then.  I took a few pieces down and didn't find any factory markings on the back or on the tabs to ID the model, so I have no idea what this is.  I'm hoping some of you guys might have an inkling of where to look or might know of a company that makes a similar pattern of what I have here.

 

picture?folder=default0%2FINBOX&id=578335&uid=IMG_8167.JPG&scaleType=contain&width=1024

 

picture?folder=default0%2FINBOX&id=578336&uid=IMG_8165.JPG&scaleType=contain&width=1024

Edited by north-shore fisha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you try Moynihans ?  Pop a piece off and see if they can match it up.   Color could be difficult though as the sun fades it over time.

 

I had to try matching when I put in a new slider and ended up ripping whole side off and installing new in a really close color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 mins ago, north-shore fisha said:

I have some damaged vinyl siding on my house.  The siding was on the house when I bought it in 2004 and it didn't look new then.  I took a few pieces down and didn't find any factory markings on the back or on the tabs to ID the model, so I have no idea what this is.  I'm hoping some of you guys might have an inkling of where to look or might know of a company that makes a similar pattern of what I have here.

 

picture?folder=default0%2FINBOX&id=578335&uid=IMG_8167.JPG&scaleType=contain&width=1024

 

picture?folder=default0%2FINBOX&id=578336&uid=IMG_8165.JPG&scaleType=contain&width=1024

No picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 mins ago, DMacLeod said:

Did you try Moynihans ?  Pop a piece off and see if they can match it up.   Color could be difficult though as the sun fades it over time.

 

I had to try matching when I put in a new slider and ended up ripping whole side off and installing new in a really close color.

Not yet.  Figured I'd ask here before embarking on a wild goose chase.  I'm not worried about color as much as I am texture.  Over time, it will blend in more.

Edited by north-shore fisha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, north-shore fisha said:

Not yet.  Figured I'd ask here before embarking on a wild goose chase.

Salem isn't that big so Moynihans can't be too far of a ride over to Beverly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, Ben Lippen said:

It's often stamped along the nailing flange. Look there. 

Thanks Ben.  Unless its stamped on the back side of the flange, its not there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, north-shore fisha said:

vinyl2.JPG

vinyl1.JPG

call harveys one in brokton and i believe the other may be in southern new hamp...they will help u ..they specialize in widows doors and siding..if they dont have it they can find it

Edited by willcodfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thats actually a pretty standard color around here.

 

My parents house they just sold they built in 1988 and had that color.

 

Should be easy to get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DMacLeod said:

Salem isn't that big so Moynihans can't be too far of a ride over to Beverly.

Moynihans doesnt stock vinyl siding.  Strike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 hours ago, willcodfish said:

call harveys one in brokton and i believe the other may be in southern new hamp...they will help u ..they specialize in widows doors and siding..if they dont have it they can find it

Harveys wont sell me anything because I am not a contractor.  I'm striking out.

Edited by north-shore fisha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DerrickT said:

thats actually a pretty standard color around here.

 

My parents house they just sold they built in 1988 and had that color.

 

Should be easy to get

 

One would think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 hours ago, north-shore fisha said:

Harveys wont sell me anything because I am not a contractor.  I'm striking out.

it would be a drive but call mazzone lumber in taunton ask for nelson ...he might be able to help or heritage ask for kevin also may help

Edited by willcodfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.