jjdbike

Cape May area advise for youth please?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hello Folks,

I do not and have not fished Cape May area for decades. I almost exclusively fish IBSP.

We have a good family friend who's done us some solids. They have a young middle school boy. Great kid. He struggles w/ ADHD and all that goes with it. Loves fishing. I took him surf fishing last year at IBSP. He caught a couple throw back fluke and a couple snapper blues. He was over the moon. Long walk on the beach, waves, actively casting, unbelievable beauty, mindfulness... just what the Dr ordered for his ADHD.

This past spring, quarantined, school online due to COVID, locked in house w/ family and brothers and sister was really hard on him and his family. Mom is taking him to Cape May for some fishing, a needed change of scenery and some physical activity.

Here's the favor, what advice might you give this eager energetic 11 yr old? He's not cow or doormat hunting. Any action, spike weakies, snapper blues, kingfish, postage stamp fluke, croakers, shad, sea robins, dog fish, etc... just action. Where would you point him in Cape May and what terminal tackle and bait would you suggest for him? Anything else you could offer to put a boy onto some action would be greatly appreciated. NOT spot burning. Just him, one time outting. He's never been to Cape May and may never be back. I do not fish Cape May. 

PMs welcome.

Thanks in advance.

JD

Cape May point is great for all types of fishing . Ride bike or go with parents and watch locals. Also can look for cape May diamonds. They also have a great service every h

night taking down flag playing patriotic songs and honoring a serviceman while watching sunset over bay often with dolphins swimming around. If I was kid in cape May would spend lotta time there

1 hour ago, Potato Caboose said:

Cape May point is great for all types of fishing . Ride bike or go with parents and watch locals. Also can look for cape May diamonds. They also have a great service every h

night taking down flag playing patriotic songs and honoring a serviceman while watching sunset over bay often with dolphins swimming around. If I was kid in cape May would spend lotta time there

Wow, sounds great.

Thanks!

JD

20 hours ago, crazybellringer said:

get on a boat.   

Thanks,

As I said, it's not for me. It's for a kid.

If I were younger, single and lived closer, I'd most certainly have a yak!

1 hour ago, dscott said:

sent a PM with a suggestion

Much appreciated!

Thanks gents!

JD

Posted (edited) · Report post

19 mins ago, jjdbike said:

Thanks,

As I said, it's not for me. It's for a kid.

If I were younger, single and lived closer, I'd most certainly have a yak!

Much appreciated!

Thanks gents!

JD

No the party boats have  been catching not fishing. 

Edited by crazybellringer