Batman67

Chicken of the Sea

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Nice, love these cool little guys. Havent caught any yet but have plenty of bites in my gulp baits. 

was going to throw some fish bites for kingfish for kicks yesterday but water was like hot and sour soup with the amount of weed 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I don't think I've ever eaten a blowfish.  Was always told they're poisonous if you clean em wrong.  So thats a chance we were never willing to take.  

Couple summers ago we caught a bunch of babies in the seine. Bout the size of my pinkie nail.  They just floated around like lil bubbles til one by one they went under.  Kinda cool. 

Same day I stepped on a fluke and it swam up my leg and got stuck in my shorts.   My heart can't handle much more excitement than that. 

Edited by PSegnatelli

Nothing to worry about with Northern Puffers. I cut  'em belly side up just past the gills almost all the way through leaving the skin on the "back". Then peel it off.

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Nothing to worry about with Northern Puffers. I cut  'em belly side up just past the gills almost all the way through leaving the skin on the "back". Then peel it off.

I do it opposite . Cut down behind head half way through . Then peel alil skin back jab a fork in meat and pull the skin and guts off one quick pull 

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

I do it opposite . Cut down behind head half way through . Then peel alil skin back jab a fork in meat and pull the skin and guts off one quick pull 

I can see that working well. maybe better

Edited by Joe

3 mins ago, Joe said:

I can see that working well. maybe better

Sometimes they go so easy , other times they fight ya .. once I get in the rhythm a can knock a couple dozen out in few minutes . 

21 mins ago, CLFish5 said:

Took my son out yesterday. Got his first puffer. Was fun 

F03B4C92-2C4D-4E05-92F0-7EAADEF73733.jpeg

Father - Son bonding... the best!!!

I think I might do the same - what did you get 'em on?  (usually they take any bait but prefer my expensive GULP tails ...LOL )