mboles

Cabela's Verano/Daiwa Ballistic spinning reel rotor removal

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have a Cabela's Verano 3500 spinning reel (clone of the Daiwa Ballistic) and want to do some maintenance on the reel. I can't even get started as I don't know how to take off the pieces that hold the spool so I can get to the lock nut for the rotor. On other reels I can just pull this off, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Photo attached of what I am facing.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks-

MBoles

verano.png

Edited by mboles

Take the very tiny clip off the bearing should come off, use small pin,, best to do it in a shopping bag or container, bc that clip can fly out. See pic

Screenshot_20200608-194817_Chrome.jpg

That looks like you are going to have to release the main shaft from the eccentric to get the rotor off. In that case turn the reel until the mainshaft is sticking out to the farthest point and remove the set screw and lossen  rotor nut [ may be left hand threads]  and slide the rotor nut forward. You should be able to slide the rotor forward now to acccess the side plate screws on the reel , remove the screw holding the mianshaft to the eccentric  and pull the shaft out and drop the rotor.  I don't know a hitman you could hire to get rid of the guy that came up with that design but I hope this helps.

Remove clip indicated by Avetforlife; then the bearing. then clicker.

Ttere is a cross pin holding the spool support that needs to be pushed out and then it will slide off the spool shaft.