PBrods

Suzuki Special 10' 2001

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I just bought a Black Hole 10' Suzuki Special 1/2-2oz rod. It seems awful whippy. I can't seem to get a good long distance cast. I've tried 7/8-1.25oz lures. I use a Stella 4,000 with 20lb test that has a dia more like 10-15 lb test.

It is a light tackle rod....

When you say 20lb test that has a dia more like 10-15lb, what brand braid is it?

Define good long cast though, what is your goal?

I like the rod for maximum 1.5oz. It will cast its 2oz rating, I just prefer it for lighter loads

Slow down with the cast though, and pull with your left right at the end of your cast

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 hours ago, ZAFisher said:

Define good long cast though, what is your goal?

Slow down with the cast though, and pull with your left right at the end of your cast

I fish for Albies in the Cape Cod Canal. I'd need to get at least 1/4 the way out.

Not sure exact distance but people say this rod casts great but I'm starting to think that it's coming from people that don't know how to cast well.

What do you mean by "pull with your left"? Do you mean the bottom of the rod, by the butt? If so, I do.

I'm used to stiffer rods and not such a whippy rod.

As for the line, I don't remember the name

Edited by PBrods

90 yards is doable depending on what your are thowing and that should get you 1/4 way out; assuming canal is about 1100 feet wide (widest I could see on the eastern side)

It is a light tackle rod