The Riddler

Racism....Have you seen it?

Rate this topic

227 posts in this topic

I have been asking people I know.  3 minorities and roughly 33 whites everyone under the age of 55 to 25.  All from various parts of Massachusetts. To my astonishment, not one per person came out with one example of Racism.  I am Mexican and Irish but look white, call me the undercover brown person.  Never experienced racism or prejudice.  We have all heard names, we get names out here from all creeds and ethnic backgrounds, that's not racism. 

After talking with people some of us feel favoritism is being confused with racism when it comes to something like jobs and Police Brutality is the action and has no prejudice. 

Hot topic and we have people from all over the Country this forum and different age brackets.  What say you? 

11 mins ago, fishinambition said:

Ive said the n word on call of duty a buncha times. That count?

How could anyone who goes out of their way to hire black tranny hookers be racist?  

I think the media has a lot to do with it , it’s a big part of their agenda. They promote it by reporting it. Of course they don’t see it that way, but I think they fuel it in some unconscious way.

If anyone is really sincere in this whole mess about resolving racial issue the first place to start is the media. As stated above the media promotes and incites the hate and they are never called on it. The media never has to account for their behavior, day after day after day while stores are being looted and burned the continued broadcasting the kneeling on the neck. Was it needed? no, did it fuel the flames I certainly believe it did. Did they report George had served numerous prison terms and that he held a gun to a pregnant woman's womb during a home invasion.   

Posted (edited) · Report post

I experienced racism too often. My coworker of Italian descent faced it longer than me when his parents came after WWII. He is a native born American. He was living in mostly Northwestern European neighborhood and grew up there. His father couldn't get an office job because no one was hiring Italian that has brown eyes, tanned skin, and dark brown hair. His uncle with green eyes got an office job and blonde hair. My coworker faced racism not just name calling, bullying in school, but people who will not promote him because his is not from Anglo-Saxon background. I faced racial discrimination in my face from European descent people who told me to marry my own kind. I went to Masker apple picking farm in Orange County upstate NY and got a ticket for disobeying traffic control device. I went to court house above the police station and saw almost everyone got the same ticket and are non-Europeans who mostly came for apple picking with their family. I was shocked because everyone in that court house are European descent and the officers were seeing us to reduce the tickets to a lesser charge before we see the judge. These Orange County citizens are racists who are taking advantage of us who do not have Northern European features. 

Edited by Bluefishmaster

what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadow knows & most of the moderators do too.

f446ab96c23d01eb3380d9456eb99e33.jpg

Edited by seadogface

I'm Caucasian, about 50. I've seen enough racism to type until my fingers ache.

High school, Shreveport Louisiana. The races self-segregated 90+%. Almost everyone's social circle was entirely the same race as you. Occasionally, if there was some sort of pick-up game during recess, you divide the teams by race, easier than shirts and skins I guess. The rock radio station was "white music," the r&b station was "black music." The neighborhoods were not integrated; there was a pre-LA riot where the locals burned a few businesses and drove away the fire department by throwing rocks. One of my friends got drunk on a camping trip, and went on a 20 minute tirade to the effect of "know why I hate n****s? 'Cause their black!" Most of us were pretty uncomfortable with that, yet there he was. 

Massachusetts. Had a (lower class) friend tell me in confidence he didn't like a demographic shift in the neighborhood, because "these new people look different. I don't like that." Worked in a supermarket where the owner's son would shadow every black teen that came in the place. He tried to recruit some of us to help, but we weren't interested. He complained "they have a store right next to (housing project), why are they coming here?" The kids were onto him immediately, and came in almost every day to play Where's Waldo with him. My older family members believed that the poorest neighborhoods were predominantly minority as a consequence of the lower capabilities of those races. They'd give lip service to judging each individual on their merits, and to their credit, were always perfectly accepting of minorities that married into the family and minority friends, but they absolutely carried that bias.

I'd don't think Massachusetts is/was significantly less racist than Louisiana, it's just got a smear of paint over the top of it.

18 mins ago, ermghoti said:

I'm Caucasian, about 50. I've seen enough racism to type until my fingers ache.

High school, Shreveport Louisiana. The races self-segregated 90+%. Almost everyone's social circle was entirely the same race as you. Occasionally, if there was some sort of pick-up game during recess, you divide the teams by race, easier than shirts and skins I guess. The rock radio station was "white music," the r&b station was "black music." The neighborhoods were not integrated; there was a pre-LA riot where the locals burned a few businesses and drove away the fire department by throwing rocks. One of my friends got drunk on a camping trip, and went on a 20 minute tirade to the effect of "know why I hate n****s? 'Cause their black!" Most of us were pretty uncomfortable with that, yet there he was. 

Massachusetts. Had a (lower class) friend tell me in confidence he didn't like a demographic shift in the neighborhood, because "these new people look different. I don't like that." Worked in a supermarket where the owner's son would shadow every black teen that came in the place. He tried to recruit some of us to help, but we weren't interested. He complained "they have a store right next to (housing project), why are they coming here?" The kids were onto him immediately, and came in almost every day to play Where's Waldo with him. My older family members believed that the poorest neighborhoods were predominantly minority as a consequence of the lower capabilities of those races. They'd give lip service to judging each individual on their merits, and to their credit, were always perfectly accepting of minorities that married into the family and minority friends, but they absolutely carried that bias.

I'd don't think Massachusetts is/was significantly less racist than Louisiana, it's just got a smear of paint over the top of it.

You are saying Mass is the same way it was in the 60's, 70's, and 80's? The citizens are just hiding their racism?

2 hours ago, HopHead said:

I have a bud that was born and lived in MS as a kid and it was the norm there back then.  There are so few blacks up here I never see any semblance of racism.  As I've mentioned before, when I see any minority (is that ok to say?) as a patient it doesn't even cross my mind what race, creed or color they are.  If someone is a scumbag they're a scumbag period.

I'll say it again.....keep accusing good people who aren't racist of being racist and you're gonna get a result you're not expecting.

to be fair I've never looked at a pair of boobs and went ewww those aren't white

Edited by redfishkiller

Being in the merchant marine you see everything at least once, that being said working for the feds it’s one of the only things that is dealt with swiftly and with the appropriate consequences. Just like hate, it will never disappear. 

4 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

to be fair I've never looked at a pair of boots and went ewww those aren't white

Shoe fetishist. ^^^^