The Militarizaton of Law Enforcement

Rate this topic

Rough

If you look at what happened in DC, AG Barr filled the streets with federal LEO’s with no badges or insignias of the depts they work for in full riot gear. Turns out a large portion were federal prison guards who are trained to deal with situations in controlled quarters and ROE that would not be legal against public citizens. I find this to be a big problem. I’m curious to know why the 2A crowd has not spoken up about this as it seems to be one of the core tenants of why they support the right to bear arms. 

The left doesn't want the police to militarized, but they are fine with ex generals deciding who should be president. LOL 

The biggest fish in the river gets that way by never being caught.

Edward Bloom

1 hour ago, charloots said:

The North Hollywood bank hold up is an eye opener. There are more examples that can make you think hard about that. 

The cops went to a gun store and got some AR's as I remember it,they carry rifles now.Of course,some of the police don't want me to have one,when gun control ramps back up there will be no shortage of cops standing next to the like of Schumer and Fienstein. I am against the militarization of the police.

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Jeff Cooper

15 mins ago, slowroller said:

Turns out a large portion were federal prison guards who are trained to deal with situations in controlled quarters and ROE that would not be legal against public citizens.

First I'm hearing of it.  Can you link me up for reference?  I read something earlier that AG Barr didn't authorize the response.  Could be unrelated. 

#otterlivesmatter

5 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

First I'm hearing of it.  Can you link me up for reference?  I read something earlier that AG Barr didn't authorize the response.  Could be unrelated. 

There’s an article on Politico called The Story behind Bill Barr’s unmarked federal officers. There’s a fair bit of extemporaneous info about the size of federal Leo, but brings up some interesting questions as well. 

24 mins ago, slowroller said:

If you look at what happened in DC, AG Barr filled the streets with federal LEO’s with no badges or insignias of the depts they work for in full riot gear. Turns out a large portion were federal prison guards who are trained....

How many, out of how many...where are your numbers?

54 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Same same.  Yet, we've got the gear.  I don't know about tracked vehicles, but Humvee's with mounts for the big automatic guns with the baby killing laser guided missile bullets.

Very scary.

Remember the search for the Boston terrorists,the response should give anyone pause about militarizing the police.

th?id=OIP.K3_72D1DJRyy7O0Jvk6CWQHaFe%26p

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Jeff Cooper

1 hour ago, JoeyZac said:

Seems like some of you want to send this guy:

Historic portrait of policeman blowing a whistle, 1950-60's Stock ...

To deal with these guys:

Donald Trump threatens to send in troops amid Minneapolis riots ...

Are you really that stupid?

No he can have any long arm he wants, just not a tank 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

21 mins ago, Jetty Jumper said:

Remember the search for the Boston terrorists,the response should give anyone pause about militarizing the police.

That was scary **** 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

23 mins ago, Jetty Jumper said:

For the sake of the discussion...what do you do, call the Army and wait? Don’t look for them? Wait for them to slaughter someone else?

53 mins ago, slowroller said:

There’s an article on Politico called The Story behind Bill Barr’s unmarked federal officers. There’s a fair bit of extemporaneous info about the size of federal Leo, but brings up some interesting questions as well. 

Yes, but the question is why these are available. There are deep systemic issues at play.  This is what I wrote about. It's not just about today or about this imbecile-in-chief.

1 hour ago, Kings over Queens said:

Yeah Barr says he didn’t authorize the response and Trumps Press Secretary said he did. Which just explains the whole situation in a nutshell.