turkaholic

Fish list

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I was just thinking about how many different kinds of fish I’ve caught thru my 60 plus years of being a crazed fisher. It’s amazing that as Americans we can target so many species. I’ve got a list that’s not even that impressive and I don’t think I can even list them all, but here goes. Giant Bluefin tuna, big eye,yellowfin,albacore, false albi, Bonita, mackerel, king mackerel, swordfish, sailfish,  white marlin , blue marlin, mako shark ,blue shark , thresher, dusky, hammerhead, dogfish ,bluefish, blackfish, redfish, striped bass, weakfish, sea trout, tarpon, jacks, barracuda, grouper, grunts, blackfish, cod , haddock, flounder, monkfish, porgy, fluke , wahoo, mahi-mahi, sea bass, bonefish, I’m pretty sure I missed something. Now think about all the money spent doing this, we are a powerful economic factor as fishermen. If we could only funnel it.

I find that catching new species is the most fun part of fishing. I keep a list in my log book. I try to catch at least one new species per year. 

9 mins ago, autonomos said:

You listed blackfish twice

guess u found the one he likes catching the most..great list none the less ...like he says if we as a whole group could get together fishermen would run the world....man do we spend alot of money on new shiny things that we never use.lol...we def...feed the economy well

I've kept a list on my computer for 15+ years now of the species, size, and location. 133 species of fish and going. It's fun to be honest; and if you are fortunate enough to fish in the tropics or other areas than around your home, your list can grow pretty quickly. 

We are going to marathon. I plan of hitting the  bridges , flats , and I’m renting a fishing kayak for the week . I’m 0-3 against tarpon off the beach , hoping I can add it to my list .