tomkaz

Bob Meiser's aluminum reel seats in the salt?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experience with a RB Meiser built rod in a saltwater environment that has one of his all metal reel seats ? And if so, can you compare and contrast to ALPS seats like the Insight?

From Meiser website:

All of our anodized Aluminum all-metal barrel reel seats are CNC machined from heavy walled, aircraft grade Aluminum tubes, and utilize type 3 anodizing for an ultra tuff, ultra smooth finish. The lock nuts will spin on a breath, and the reel legs will be tightly secured by duel lock nuts with Ryortex O ring inserts. They can all be configured in either up or down locking position.

We offer he RBM20 (smaller barrel size) and the RBM24 (larger barrel size) These reel seats below have exposed fixed hoods. The brighter colored seats are Titanium Gunsmoke, and the darker are Black.

all_metal_reel_seats_set.jpg

44 mins ago, JEFFSOD said:

I have fished a couple of different meisers for a number of years with no issues.

meiser.JPG

Jeff, nice. Is that the Standard grip/handle build or a custom?

Hi Tom I purchased it second hand but do believe the grip is the standard build. After owning this one I ordered a second which is a standard grip and they are almost identical.

10 hours ago, surfrat59 said:

If they are truly type 3 anodized then they're bomb proof!

Yes. Not many type 3 products out there. It’ll last longer than you will.