bassturds

Any Blues around ?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I miss catching the yellow eye devils it’s been many years I think about 10 years since I’ve caught a good blue. Any gators around buzzards bay and the cape?  Worth a shot from shore? 

I was at West Island a couple nights ago.  
Pogies right along the beach.

I was all gigged up for a BluesBath knowing that Narragansett bay was full of blues and I heard that they had moved into BBay.too.

No blues, other than MY blues that night.  Pogies went on their way unmolested as did my plugs.

No gators but caught 4 or 5 guesstimate 4-8 pounders from shore 2 weeks ago and some more bite offs last weekend. I’d get out there if you can since seems like it might be a decent year for them as I’ve only seen mostly snappers the last couple years. 

Thinking about chunking some South Side spots tonight.

I remember one night at Poppy with my newphew when he was about 9.   I had two rods and some macks. 

I'd cast one out, hand him the rod, bait up the second just in time to help him land and dehook a blue.
I'd hand him the next rod and bait up the first.

Those were the days.

They’ve been tormenting me during the last week. I’ve been targeting big bass and I’ve gotten plenty, but at times it’s tough to avoid the damn bluefish. That said, I got one that was close to 20 pounds last week. Unbelievable. 

8 hours ago, BarryW said:

Seadogg! I'd like to see a picture of that. A 20 lb blue is a bit incredible. You do seem up to the task though.

You know, I didn’t take a picture and I regretted it immediately. I was drifting through a school of big bass and as pumped as I was about that blue, there were 20-40 pound bass all around. I just wanted to get my plug back in the water.