Gilbey

So, What's Your Weekend Plans?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Who remembers these threads back in the early days of SOL?  Every Friday a member (dang, can't remember who) would post this thread, and everyone would respond with their plans. I'm pretty sure this was back when there was only a single "main" forum. It was an awesome way for us weekend warriors to get jacked up for the weekend on a Friday morning. I remember taking notes about who was doing what based on predicted weather, tides, bait, fish etc. trying to learn. I recall the epic "100 fish weekend" prediction. Those were good times. 

So, what's your weekend plans?

I have not been out much, but I might make a run predawn on Sunday to chuck some flies around the rock piles of central MoCo.  Otherwise it's more work around the house. My family and I have been pretty much quarantined and have been sticking to it since we have a high risk son. I was thinking about inviting a buddy over Sunday afternoon though to shoot the breeze on my deck over a couple beers. Probably would be good for both of us.

So what are you up to?

i remember the threads but not who the poster was. 

yardwork, relax and take the dicksled out looking for wallter in one of the lakes near my house. 

probably take the kids out saturday afternoon to beat up on bluegills. 

Wasnt around for those threads but Ive put in enough hours digging through the archives to know they exist. Seemed like fun.

Tomorrow I'll be hitting the beach with some family that I've not seen in some time. That type of scenario calls for bringing fluke gear. Water will will be cold, weather will be hot. I am expecting the skunk but if I can have a little fun with some short action I'll take it.

Damn. I can't remember who...

Fishing Saturday morning, then going to the beach with my girl.

Going strawberry picking on Sunday. 

hopefully catch cpl stripers do some gardening stuff and take my kid to do lil freshwater fishing sunday...chill and enjoy the fam..for the most part...have a good weekend guys and ladys

Posted (edited) · Report post

Taking my little nephew and brother in law out on the boat. do some fluking close by. His first time out fishing. He's been asking to go. Hopefully we can introduce him to a new hobby he loves for life.

Edited by joefishnj21

I don’t particularly fish on the weekends. I like to avoid crowds. I get my yard work and groceries done. Drink beers and grill. I plugged around an inlet today and found blues. Good luck, everyone have a safe weekend 

Fishing early AM Saturday, golf tee time around noon Saturday. Sunday tee time early morning then rest and finish the weekend with some night casting. Sunday night is my favorite night to fish cuz all the crowds go and most are getting ready for Monday work. Usually surprised to someone in the spots I frequent.  I have to be at work Monday at 7am also but gotta get your priorities straight. 

1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

Was it Stuu? 

I miss those weekly threads too Alan. And I miss Stuu. He was fun. 

So now you're taking over right? Keep the weekly things going? Yeah? Right? Please?  :laugh: