ferret

boat storage

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

so it's possible I might not be able to use my boat for a year or two, gonna do the regular winterizing stuff, empty gas tank, fog chambers, drain all pumps, add antifreeze, change fuel filters, oil, l/u fluid, try to desalt the internals with skeg in drum and saltaway, anything else? cancel seatow, would you bother registering the boat?  does a boat need to be registered to be properly insured?

11 hours ago, ferret said:

so it's possible I might not be able to use my boat for a year or two, gonna do the regular winterizing stuff, empty gas tank, fog chambers, drain all pumps, add antifreeze, change fuel filters, oil, l/u fluid, try to desalt the internals with skeg in drum and saltaway, anything else? cancel seatow, would you bother registering the boat?  does a boat need to be registered to be properly insured?

Talk to your insurance agent; there may be a way to insure against damage but drop liability if the boat will remain unused and on land.  If not, you may be able to drop the liability coverage to a lower level thannyou're paying now.

The fuel tanik is going toi be an issue.  Keep fuel in it, the fuel will go stale.  Leave it empty, you run into condensation issues.  Expect to deal with some water when you use the boat again.