DEM Parking Lot

Lost my setup, reward if found...

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Never thought i'd have to make a thread like this but here it is;

 

Very long shot but lost my rod and reel while chunking on East Beach.  Took the wife out to the beach today and figured i'd soak some bait.  I accidentally dozed off and woke back up to find it gone.  Using my other setup, I ended up snagging the end of my sinker to find that a HUGE tautog pulled my setup in.  Tried to pull it in but the line snapped.

 

Anyway, my setup I lost is a Century Slingshot and Van Staal.  I know its a long shot but I will pay a reward if anyone finds it.

Edited by DEM Parking Lot
America

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 mins ago, foxfai said:

Oh man..... Hope you find it. 

 

That's an expensive chunking setup.....

Thanks man.

 

Not normally my chunking setup but its all I had on me at the moment.

 

That one time I use it, I loose it...

Edited by DEM Parking Lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, DEM Parking Lot said:

Thanks man.

 

Not normally my chunking setup but its all I had on me at the moment.

 

That one time I use it, I loose it...

Don't give up! Have you gone back trying to snag it? I mean if the tog pulled it in it wouldn't be too far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 mins ago, foxfai said:

Don't give up! Have you gone back trying to snag it? I mean if the tog pulled it in it wouldn't be too far.

I tried snagging it for hrs but kept loosing snagging hooks and the wife was hungry.  Ill be back tomorrow at low tide to try again.

 

The reel is beat but its more of a sentimental value to me; my 1st vs, my 1st legal seabass, my pb bass, blue, etc.

Edited by DEM Parking Lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, DEM Parking Lot said:

I tried snagging it for hrs but kept loosing snagging hooks and the wife was hungry.  Ill be back tomorrow at low tide to try again.

 

The reel is beat but its more of a sentimental value to me; my 1st vs, my 1st legal seabass, my pb bass, blue, etc.

You should have went for food and let her practice her casting. Hope you get it back!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

15 mins ago, richie c said:

You should have went for food and let her practice her casting. Hope you get it back!!

Hey thank you, but she wants nothing to do with my fishing escapades haha.  

 

Coincidentally she says I dont pay enough attention to her while fishing..  Hmmm

Edited by DEM Parking Lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 mins ago, DEM Parking Lot said:

Hey thank you, but she wants nothing to do with my fishing escapades haha.  

 

Coincidentally she says I dont pay enough attention to her while fishing..  Hmmm

My wife says the same damn  thing, claims I always have my back to her:why:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

If you don’t get it by next week hit me up. I can help you try to snag it out next weekend lol I’m going to be at the breachway next weekend anyways

Edited by LockedDrag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 mins ago, DEM Parking Lot said:

Hey thank you, but she wants nothing to do with my fishing escapades haha.  

 

Coincidentally she says I dont pay enough attention to her while fishing..  Hmmm

Sounds fishy. Maybe she threw the rod in the water when you fell asleep. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You snooze you lose. Too bad man. Hope it comes back to you. I’ve had some close calls over the years when chunking and using sand spikes and not paying attention. First I stopped using spikes and held the rod so I had to pay attention. Eventually I stopped chunking, just throwing plugs and flies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

If you don’t get it by next week hit me up. I can help you try to snag it out next weekend lol I’m going to be at the breachway next weekend anyways

 

1 hour ago, Kooky said:

Super low moon tides should help if can get out at low 

I think i snagged on it yesterday but it's too buried in sand.  I'll be back out there today at dead low to look.  Not holding my breath though....

 

47 mins ago, Stripsettter said:

You snooze you lose. Too bad man. Hope it comes back to you. I’ve had some close calls over the years when chunking and using sand spikes and not paying attention. First I stopped using spikes and held the rod so I had to pay attention. Eventually I stopped chunking, just throwing plugs and flies 

Yeah..  a valuable and expensive lesson learned here... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.