unskunk

Market Basket Lobster $4.99/lb.

Rate this topic

80 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

Doesn't start until Sunday.

Might be worth a ride to Athol Sunday morning.  Closest one to us and maybe a 40 minute drive.

Cabo

10 hours ago, foxfai said:

It'll be a mob house here....

Last year i grabbed a coffee and went at 6 for opening.  Half dozen people there.

Bought 4 and had them steamed them up. 

Got home cleaned them up right away and made up some lobster rolls. 

Went to Plymouth this AM and they started the sale early. Got 2   1 1/2 pound lobsters steamed by 7:30 . Not a bad way to start the day. 3 lbs steamed for $16.61 with the sales tax for cooked food. :p

I'm going to walk over to Star Market at North Station to see if, perhaps, they also have a sale on lobsters.   

Lobster rolls and homemade three bean salad.  Then some lobster and corn chowder for lunch the next day.

Summertime and the livin's easy. :drool:

12 mins ago, bob_G said:

Lobster rolls and homemade three bean salad.  Then some lobster and corn chowder for lunch the next day.

Summertime and the livin's easy. :drool:

Try lobster and corn fritters, you'll love them with a good dipping sauce.

1 min ago, MakoMike said:

Try lobster and corn fritters, you'll love them with a good dipping sauce.

Thanks, that's on the list.

3 hours ago, Joe G said:

I'm going to walk over to Star Market at North Station to see if, perhaps, they also have a sale on lobsters.   

Haven't seen anything about Lobster at Star/Shaws, but they have 13-15 ct. shrimp for $4.97 a pound, which is a good price. Previously frozen (am sure you can get still frozen if you ask) and farm raised, but better than nothing.

22 mins ago, Steve in Mass said:

Haven't seen anything about Lobster at Star/Shaws, but they have 13-15 ct. shrimp for $4.97 a pound, which is a good price. Previously frozen (am sure you can get still frozen if you ask) and farm raised, but better than nothing.

Well...... interesting you mention the shrimp, Steve.

I did walk over about 3 hours ago.  Lobsters were $8.97/lb. and not on sale.

Then I spied the special price on shrimp.    Read the description.....15+/- count...$4.97 /lb......shell on....farmed raised.....Indonesia.

Farmed raised in the Far East bothered me a bit......but the $4.97 price quickly trumped that thought.

As a rule, I most always buy wild because I can taste the difference between wild and farmed raised. ........but what the hell, the price and the clean pink/white appearance of these farm raised sold me.  I bought one pound. 

I get home, unwrap the product and noticed they were deveined.  A deep devein.  Otherwise a nice clean colored shell and white meat.

Decided to grill them on my small George Foreman,   I grilled 5 shrimp  ….shell on.....for 2 minutes.

Removed them from the grill...cut one in half to tast it...…..horrible.    :upck:

Honestly, horrible.  Distinct taste of mud, dirt ....most likely from some filthy, crap invested delta river bottom.  Truly disgusting.

I wrapped up the 5 cooked shrimp and the 10 remaining raw shrimp and threw them out.

3 mins ago, Joe G said:

Well...... interesting you mention the shrimp, Steve.

I did walk over about 3 hours ago.  Lobsters were $8.97/lb. and not on sale.

Then I spied the special price on shrimp.    Read the description.....15+/- count...$4.97 /lb......shell on....farmed raised.....Indonesia.

Farmed raised in the Far East bothered me a bit......but the $4.97 price quickly trumped that thought.

As a rule, I most always buy wild because I can taste the difference between wild and farmed raised. ........but what the hell, the price and the clean pink/white appearance of these farm raised sold me.  I bought one pound. 

I get home, unwrap the product and noticed they were deveined.  A deep devein.  Otherwise a nice clean colored shell and white meat.

Decided to grill them on my small George Foreman,   I grilled 5 shrimp  ….shell on.....for 2 minutes.

Removed them from the grill...cut one in half to tast it...…..horrible.    :upck:

Honestly, horrible.  Distinct taste of mud, dirt ....most likely from some filthy, crap invested delta river bottom.  Truly disgusting.

I wrapped up the 5 cooked shrimp and the 10 remaining raw shrimp and threw them out.

Joe,

That mud taste is likely the taste of the sewerage treatment plant they're raised in.

So what was for lunch, Polish loaf?