Riiiichiiiieeee

Penn spinfisher 8500LL

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

application?  I got a pair v 6500ll w 20 lb mono.  6'6 star rods 1-3 oz.  great for boat and pier live bait fishing.....  make sure the reel seat on the rod you get will hold the reels foot.......ive also paired w 12 ft tica ....but try to keep the ll off the sand 

1 min ago, bronson said:

application?  I got a pair v 6500ll w 20 lb mono.  6'6 star rods 1-3 oz.  great for boat and pier live bait fishing.....  make sure the reel seat on the rod you get will hold the reels foot.......ive also paired w 12 ft tica ....but try to keep the ll off the sand 

I’m not sure what I’ll be using this for ...it’s super massive not like my thunnus 8000 or my 8000 D . I don’t even know where to start 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 6/3/2020 at 8:52 PM, Riiiichiiiieeee said:

I’m not sure what I’ll be using this for ...it’s super massive not like my thunnus 8000 or my 8000 D . I don’t even know where to start 

The Penn 5000 sized reels are closer to the Shimano 8000's.

That Penn 8500 you have will hold around 700yds of 50lb braid. If you are you going fishing for sharks that reel would be a winner.

Edited by Beastly Backlash

4 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

The Penn 5000 sized reels are closer to the Shimano 8000's.

That Penn 8500 you have will hold around 700yds of 50lb braid. If you are you going fishing for sharks that reel would be a winner.

I had no intentions but since my wife gifted me this , what rod would you suggest for shark fishing ? From the surf tho 

17 mins ago, Riiiichiiiieeee said:

I had no intentions but since my wife gifted me this , what rod would you suggest for shark fishing ? From the surf tho 

A 12ft Tica Dolphin XH. The rod barely loads with 8oz. It is a good match for that size of reel.

18 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

A 12ft Tica Dolphin XH. The rod barely loads with 8oz. It is a good match for that size of reel.

Send me a link please . Thanks 

4 mins ago, Riiiichiiiieeee said:

Do you think I can use a xh tsunami airwave elite ? 11 ft 

Yes def, maybe not so much of a bait and wait rod, more so a plugging rod. It is rated 1 1/2 - 4 1/2 so not great for the heavier leads and maybe with this size reel, but nonetheless works

10 mins ago, ACFishing said:

Yes def, maybe not so much of a bait and wait rod, more so a plugging rod. It is rated 1 1/2 - 4 1/2 so not great for the heavier leads and maybe with this size reel, but nonetheless works

I order the tsunami a few days ago I’ll just get the tica to...fudge it 

14 mins ago, Riiiichiiiieeee said:

I order the tsunami a few days ago I’ll just get the tica to...fudge it 

Damn dude, wanna give me some money, lol

4 hours ago, Riiiichiiiieeee said:

Do you think I can use a xh tsunami airwave elite ? 11 ft 

Don't know anything about that rod.

Sorry.