Riiiichiiiieeee

Penn spinfisher 8500LL

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

application?  I got a pair v 6500ll w 20 lb mono.  6'6 star rods 1-3 oz.  great for boat and pier live bait fishing.....  make sure the reel seat on the rod you get will hold the reels foot.......ive also paired w 12 ft tica ....but try to keep the ll off the sand 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, bronson said:

application?  I got a pair v 6500ll w 20 lb mono.  6'6 star rods 1-3 oz.  great for boat and pier live bait fishing.....  make sure the reel seat on the rod you get will hold the reels foot.......ive also paired w 12 ft tica ....but try to keep the ll off the sand 

I’m not sure what I’ll be using this for ...it’s super massive not like my thunnus 8000 or my 8000 D . I don’t even know where to start 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 6/3/2020 at 8:52 PM, Riiiichiiiieeee said:

I’m not sure what I’ll be using this for ...it’s super massive not like my thunnus 8000 or my 8000 D . I don’t even know where to start 

 

The Penn 5000 sized reels are closer to the Shimano 8000's.

 

That Penn 8500 you have will hold around 700yds of 50lb braid. If you are you going fishing for sharks that reel would be a winner.

Edited by Beastly Backlash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

 

The Penn 5000 sized reels are closer to the Shimano 8000's.

 

That Penn 8500 you have will hold around 700yds of 50lb braid. If you are you going fishing for sharks that reel would be a winner.

I had no intentions but since my wife gifted me this , what rod would you suggest for shark fishing ? From the surf tho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 mins ago, Riiiichiiiieeee said:

I had no intentions but since my wife gifted me this , what rod would you suggest for shark fishing ? From the surf tho 

 

A 12ft Tica Dolphin XH. The rod barely loads with 8oz. It is a good match for that size of reel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

 

A 12ft Tica Dolphin XH. The rod barely loads with 8oz. It is a good match for that size of reel.

Send me a link please . Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, Riiiichiiiieeee said:

Do you think I can use a xh tsunami airwave elite ? 11 ft 

Yes def, maybe not so much of a bait and wait rod, more so a plugging rod. It is rated 1 1/2 - 4 1/2 so not great for the heavier leads and maybe with this size reel, but nonetheless works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, ACFishing said:

Yes def, maybe not so much of a bait and wait rod, more so a plugging rod. It is rated 1 1/2 - 4 1/2 so not great for the heavier leads and maybe with this size reel, but nonetheless works

I order the tsunami a few days ago I’ll just get the tica to...fudge it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 mins ago, Riiiichiiiieeee said:

I order the tsunami a few days ago I’ll just get the tica to...fudge it 

Damn dude, wanna give me some money, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Riiiichiiiieeee said:

Do you think I can use a xh tsunami airwave elite ? 11 ft 

Don't know anything about that rod.

 

Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.