Jbh92885

*edited

24 posts in this topic

IDK- I sent an email to check (no reply yet), but as far as I can tell it doesn't break any rules.  No ref to other sites, no for profit activity, just trying to get people together to have some fun.  

On 6/3/2020 at 8:43 AM, Jbh92885 said:

IDK- I sent an email to check (no reply yet), but as far as I can tell it doesn't break any rules.  No ref to other sites, no for profit activity, just trying to get people together to have some fun.  

In your email you explained that the ‘app’ keeps a percentage of the entry fee - that makes it a for profit thing. Not to mention the problems that arise whenever there’s a cash tournament held online among ‘friends’ that don’t know each other, live in different states and will be releasing all their fish :)

One of those things that sounds like fun until someone says ‘no way that fish was 20” :stick: 

TimS

2 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Me?

Pretty sure he meant the kind of people who would accuse others of cheating in an online fishing 'tournament' for a cash prize where folks measure their own fish and there's no oversight of any kind. It's the nature of cash tournaments, even the ones with official weigh ins and observers end up with disputes :)

TimS

Love Striper tournaments ( 1980's ) where the angler had a holding pen back in the marsh land :rav:..... with the winning fish = not ! 

22 hours ago, TimS said:

It's the nature of cash tournaments, even the ones with official weigh ins and observers end up with disputes :)

TimS

I'd hate to tell you some of the things that I've seen in offshore tournaments, ranging from frivolous attempts to disqualify bigger fish to purchasing a fish from another boat that wasn't part of the competition.  The lack of sportsmanship was one of the big reasons that I stopped fishing competitively.  Cash prizes and ethics have a problem occupying the same boat at the same time.

22 hours ago, Hook I said:

Love Striper tournaments ( 1980's ) where the angler had a holding pen back in the marsh land :rav:..... with the winning fish = not ! 

That’s like the Mike Long guy I stole his image for my avatar...

He was snagging bass off beds and storing them at home in a tank. He had trap doors in his live wells and made a killing...until he got caught 

44 mins ago, triumph said:

He was snagging bass off beds and storing them at home in a tank. He had trap doors in his live wells and made a killing...until he got caught 

WHOW ! tank at home , a lot of thought went into that . Thanks for sharing 

4 hours ago, CWitek said:

I'd hate to tell you some of the things that I've seen in offshore tournaments, ranging from frivolous attempts to disqualify bigger fish to purchasing a fish from another boat that wasn't part of the competition.  The lack of sportsmanship was one of the big reasons that I stopped fishing competitively.  Cash prizes and ethics have a problem occupying the same boat at the same time.

I don't doubt it...people get weird when they have the opportunity to turn fish into a bunch of money...really takes the fun out of fishing when folks start lying and cheating :blackeye:

TimS

1 hour ago, triumph said:

That guy was making a career out of his scamming and cheating in tournaments. It's alleged that he was snagging big bass in one lake then transporting them to another lake for his tournaments. It was being noticed by others that he was bringing in fish that didn't have similar color, or appearance to anyone else's fish, and apparently they can check some of that with testing. It wasn't that he was beating everyone else, he was doing it by a lot of weight. 

A cheater can't possibly fool everyone, or for very long. Their greed is often what causes them to get caught. Has been too many cases of folks cheating in bass tournaments and I think I had read that Mike Long character is even alleged to have cheated in a charity tournament. 

4 hours ago, Hook I said:

WHOW ! tank at home , a lot of thought went into that . Thanks for sharing 

Mike Long was the Lance Armstrong of bass fishing. Absolute sociopath...google up that investigative article, it will blow your mind. 

2 hours ago, buddha162 said:

Mike Long was the Lance Armstrong of bass fishing. Absolute sociopath...google up that investigative article, it will blow your mind. 

Ok I will