Hook I

7 LM & 4 SM one lazy afternoon

11 posts in this topic

That’s what I witnessed 2 guys catching Sunday afternoon and right into the trunk . If they had a license purchased other than English I do hope to believe they would wait until the Black Bass season opened .But nada  So the phone call is made and you know on Sunday it’s going to be a no show & due to the Pandemic = go to their web site . It’s nothing new same old same old . But you purchase a license every year , required. by law . And the saying goes “ it’s getting old “ . 

2 hours ago, Hook I said:

That’s what I witnessed 2 guys catching Sunday afternoon and right into the trunk . If they had a license purchased other than English I do hope to believe they would wait until the Black Bass season opened .But nada  So the phone call is made and you know on Sunday it’s going to be a no show & due to the Pandemic = go to their web site . It’s nothing new same old same old . But you purchase a license every year , required. by law . And the saying goes “ it’s getting old “ . 

I hate seeing that - people clamor to get this country and don’t even remotely try obey our laws.  

I was up the Delaware above Port Jervis this weekend and there was a huge presence of local police, NYS Police, National Park Service Police and Rangers.  I spoke with some of the guys on boat patrol and commented on the number of police up here and he said something to the effect “ were here to keep the savages in line “ - I gave him a huge thumbs up.  

I had fished the pequanock trout stocked river last week. there were several families there camped out fishing without licenses. Beer cans all over the place. The police in this town is pretty ruff. But so such action that day. & these the folks that keep alot of fish way beyond the limit  

Couple weeks back, a Mercedes pulls up to a reservoir access area with a small row boat hanging out the back.

This guy is staying with freinds nearby and "vill takes kids for good time". I told him what was needed, but he didnt care and laughed at me.

He dragged the boat to the water and put 2 young kids in with no life jacket and off they went. 

I waited at the road for a patrol. Took 5 minutes. The officer laughed also and waited for them to return.

I didn't stay for the show.

3 hours ago, Lateral Line said:

Couple weeks back, a Mercedes pulls up to a reservoir access area with a small row boat hanging out the back.

This guy is staying with freinds nearby and "vill takes kids for good time". I told him what was needed, but he didnt care and laughed at me.

He dragged the boat to the water and put 2 young kids in with no life jacket and off they went. 

I waited at the road for a patrol. Took 5 minutes. The officer laughed also and waited for them to return.

I didn't stay for the show.

It blows my mind that some people have ZERO regards for the laws and procedures in this country.

I assume you were on one of the NYS reservoirs that require boats to be steamed and certified to prevent invasive species into our water ways. 

Yes I was.

Also, no life jackets.  Small boat, 3 people.... kids, but not small.

The boat was in an SUV type vehicle.

Small boat.....

Unsafe.

16 hours ago, Lateral Line said:

Yes I was.

Also, no life jackets.  Small boat, 3 people.... kids, but not small.

The boat was in an SUV type vehicle.

Small boat.....

Unsafe.

Fished a local municipal pond tonight cause i didn’t want to travel - saw so many large groups not distancing, fishing without licenses, wading into the pond which is prohibited and a few kayakers where it’s clearly posted no water craft and they weren’t wearing PFD’s. 

Local PD came to get the kayakers out - i could hear him say “ the signs say no water craft plus your not wearing life vests “.

The response was epic - “ is no a water craft it’s a kayak “ - unbelievable !

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 10:34 PM, NewAtIt said:

Fished a local municipal pond tonight cause i didn’t want to travel - saw so many large groups not distancing, fishing without licenses, wading into the pond which is prohibited and a few kayakers where it’s clearly posted no water craft and they weren’t wearing PFD’s. 

Local PD came to get the kayakers out - i could hear him say “ the signs say no water craft plus your not wearing life vests “.

The response was epic - “ is no a water craft it’s a kayak “ - unbelievable !

The PD should have said "This isn't a citation/ticket, it's a written invitation to meet with me and a judge."

Not to mention that FW bass isnt a very tasty fish, at least not to me. I saw this up here memorial day weekend

People keeping loads of blues. Another great gamefish but way down the latter for eating IMO

Curious where all this took place, mainly because of the no fishing license thing. I'm in CT and we're not required to have our license showing, only on our person. I keep mine in my wallet, and another copy sealed in plastic zip lock bags in my wader pockets.

Dumb rule. How can anyone know if the people fishing are licensed? If not they shouldn't be using the resources I have to pay to use.

On 6/27/2020 at 7:29 AM, St.Croix Man said:

Not to mention that FW bass isnt a very tasty fish, at least not to me. I saw this up here memorial day weekend

People keeping loads of blues. Another great gamefish but way down the latter for eating IMO

I'm with you on the FW bass thing. Like eating mud. Blues however if prepared right are tasty. and perfect for the smoker.