jonA

NYC curfew

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Any city guys fishing after 11pm Curfew last night? Now that there’s an 8pm curfew for the rest of the week wondering if they’ll be kicking folks out off the beachs/bays/piers etc. Probably best to avoid anyway.

NYC, the five boroughs are the cesspool of NYS... I live in Brooklyn which is the worst.. All the fishing piers are contaminated with defecation and urine..When I get home after a day of fishing I leave my shoes at the door even before we had corona 19..  Today I didn't go fishing because of all the looting that went on last night . It makes me feel like i'm a prisoner in my environment.....One day I will escape this jungle...I wish every civilize person who live in this rotten apple luck ..   

I didn't get the alert until I got back to my car at 3am.  Was nice to drive home on empty roads!  We had a great vigil at Astoria park. Very responsible and made me love the area a lot more.

On the fence about fishing through this curfew.  Assuming their attention is elsewhere and have been looking forward to these massive moon tides all spring... 

I’ve been out most nights this week.  On a bike and by car mostly Queens but Brooklyn and SI too.  IMO based on the number of cars, people out and barricaded bridges to manhattan, the curfew is no joke for manhattan and some other neighborhoods.  Ran into some city EMTs or paramedics this morning at 4 in queens walking to a spot but they just asked how the fishing was and seemed to be enjoying a break.  Had a similar conversation with parks officers at kills earlier in the week after curfew, but that’s just my experience. If you need to cross a bridge or tunnel through manhattan they will stop check IDs and turn you away if you’re nonessential.   could be a different story on the weekend.  

I’d avoid Flatbush and if you aren’t black you’ll prob be okay. Although I think the curfew is wrong I’m respecting it personally.

I’m more of a dusk guy then a dawn guy but it has been kinda nice getting out there early. 

On 6/2/2020 at 2:02 PM, sytheteacher said:

NYC, the five boroughs are the cesspool of NYS... I live in Brooklyn which is the worst.. All the fishing piers are contaminated with defecation and urine..When I get home after a day of fishing I leave my shoes at the door even before we had corona 19..  Today I didn't go fishing because of all the looting that went on last night . It makes me feel like i'm a prisoner in my environment.....One day I will escape this jungle...I wish every civilize person who live in this rotten apple luck ..   

I hope you find your way out of the city. Lived here my whole life and I cant wait to leave. Next year fall I graduate college and I am out of here.