pilotman

Just came back from Hatteras

Rate this topic

129 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

When I was down there for a couple weeks, couldn't help but notice Trump flags were common in the town and on trucks from tourists. I know that Hatteras is predominately white but I'm confused whats so appealing about him. Not trying to get into a political fiasco or argument. Just enlighten me. Is it his policies? The attempt to take down the Affordable Care act? The wall? Is it a race thing? He's a chronic liar, deceitful, a bully, resorts to name calling, conceited, self absorbed, behaves like a tyrant....I could go on. He has all the traits that I teach my son not to be. He pushes away our allies(NATO) and befriends our enemies. He calls Putin a great leader, gushes over China's leader. And befriends the North Korean leader. Initially he brushed aside COVID and said it will go away minimizing it, and losing precious time to respond, while the experts were stating the total opposite. He said it will go away soon. Well we are at over 100,00 deaths and shut down.  Even today he's criticizing our governors for the unrest of the George Floyd murder. But yet right after, he's having a friendly conversation with Putin. He has yet to make a public statement about it  bringing the country together.. Now it's Obama stating online to address the nation....Really?..It's reported since he got elected, he has made over 19,000 false satements and lies....I know I sound a bit angry but I want to know the appeal of our current president.

Edited by pilotman

There's a massive divide there that's mostly partisan. who provided initial guidance. hundreds of us health agencies, federal and state had no recommendation. Trump started travel restrictions from only most specific threat, china, and was met by objection from who and schumer. fully partisan politics. schumer claimed racism. cuomo said travel restrictions and shelter in place was un constitutional. deblasio saif nyc was nightlife and would not shutdown. those three cost a lot of lives, expense and media circus in ny area. 

There is quite a bit of partisan support for "rioting". Supposedly, police union had police trashing police cars for effect. There were a lot more riots while obama was in office. I think George Floyd would be out there looting too, if he had a chance. GF made mistakes, he was arrested for that, there were complaints about arrest. The system works, it was looked into, people were fired, charged. An investigation is ongoing. Being a victim sucks but our system works, it's fair, it takes time. People have a right to assemble, speak, broadcast their views. IMO, looting and rioting minimizes  any chance of effective social change. Note that none of these social changes has happened regardless of party. As long as it's a campaign promise, it will never happen. I realize that Hillary put a lot of money into russia. Biden has connections in russia. There seems to be more democrat / putin conversation than anywhere else.

I will vote for Trump again.

34 mins ago, Dave588 said:

There's a massive divide there that's mostly partisan. who provided initial guidance. hundreds of us health agencies, federal and state had no recommendation. Trump started travel restrictions from only most specific threat, china, and was met by objection from who and schumer. fully partisan politics. schumer claimed racism. cuomo said travel restrictions and shelter in place was un constitutional. deblasio saif nyc was nightlife and would not shutdown. those three cost a lot of lives, expense and media circus in ny area. 

There is quite a bit of partisan support for "rioting". Supposedly, police union had police trashing police cars for effect. There were a lot more riots while obama was in office. I think George Floyd would be out there looting too, if he had a chance. GF made mistakes, he was arrested for that, there were complaints about arrest. The system works, it was looked into, people were fired, charged. An investigation is ongoing. Being a victim sucks but our system works, it's fair, it takes time. People have a right to assemble, speak, broadcast their views. IMO, looting and rioting minimizes  any chance of effective social change. Note that none of these social changes has happened regardless of party. As long as it's a campaign promise, it will never happen. I realize that Hillary put a lot of money into russia. Biden has connections in russia. There seems to be more democrat / putin conversation than anywhere else.

Partisan? OK I can see that. But what do you like about Trump as our president, as a person and as our leader? 

41 mins ago, Terry Mac said:

Wharton business school mother F er!!!!!!!!!! 

"It’s rare for a professor to disparage the intelligence of a student, but according to attorney Frank DiPrima, who was close friends with professor William T. Kelley for 47 years, the prof made an exception for Donald Trump, at least in private. “He must have told me that 100 times over the course of 30 years,” says DiPrima, who has been practicing law since 1963 and has served as in-house counsel for entities including the Federal Trade Commission and Playboy Enterprises. “I remember the inflection of his voice when he said it: ‘Donald Trump was the dumbest ****n student I ever had!’” He would say that [Trump] came to Wharton thinking he already knew everything, that he was arrogant and he wasn’t there to learn.” Kelley, who passed away in 2011 at age 94, taught marketing at Wharton for 31 years, retiring in 1982.

As Trump admitted in The Art of the Deal, all he got out of Wharton was bragging rights: “In my opinion, that degree doesn’t prove very much, but a lot of people I do business with take it very seriously, and it’s considered very prestigious. So all things considered, I’m glad I went to Wharton.”

6 hours ago, pilotman said:

It's reported since he got elected, he has made over 19,000 false satements and lies....

Who reported this? Do you have a source? 

1 hour ago, blastwater said:

Who reported this? Do you have a source? 

Forbes May 5, 2020

Trump Is Lying More Than Ever: Just Look At The Data

David MarkowitzContributor

I am a professor studying the psychology of language and technology.

I’m an academic who cares deeply about how lying affects communication processes and social relationships. One of the most important and consistent truths about deception is that we are all mostly honest. Most people tell one or two small lies per day, on average, and there are only a few prolific liars in our social circles.

Rates of interpersonal deception — the lies I tell you and you tell me — have been remarkably stable in deception research over time. But, as others suggested, something is unusual about President Trump. His rate of deception has increased since taking office.

As of early April, Trump has told 23.3 lies per day in 2020, a 0.5-lie increase since 2019. What’s more, Trump has averaged 23.8 lies per day since the first case of COVID-19 was reported in the US — another 0.5-lie increase. Even during a pandemic, when the public needs to trust and rely on him the most, deception remains a core part of the president’s playbook.

What’s unusual about Trump is not just how often he lies, but what he lies about and where he communicates his lies most often.

I evaluated Trump’s 18,000 reported lies organized by topic. If Trump lied consistently, we would see a relatively flat distribution of falsehoods over time and across topics. Instead, bursts of deception tend to repeat on the same topic, particularly about guns, the economy, education, and elections.

What’s also remarkable is the steady increase in Trump’s lying on public-facing platforms such as Twitter, in speeches, and during remarks. President Trump seems impervious to the threat of detection or harsh public opinion. He continues to deceive at record-setting rates using forums that amplify his lies, rather than hide them.

Recently, journalists have taken measures to curb the spread of Trump’s lies and harmful recommendations to the public. Some news outlets, for example, have stopped airing his press briefings and others are limiting their coverage of him.

The problem here is that mainstream media coverage of President Trump is a relatively constrained avenue for his lies. Tweets, on the other hand, have speed and scale: they travel fast and are distributed globally. They also leave a record, allowing lies to remain public and therefore, in competition with truths. Even correcting falsehoods may not help, given political divisions among us and evidence suggesting that warnings about false claims can backfire.

Trump’s lies are problematic because they force us to question our institutions and the value of information. Their consequences might also bleed into our everyday meaningful relationships. Our trust in government, media, and other institutions remain quite low, but we still tend to trust one another.

What happens when our distrust in government affects our trust in family or friends? When we fail to value truth and instead, prioritize alternative facts or self-serving discourse, the fabric that holds our relationships together begins to fray.

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 hours ago, pilotman said:

.It's reported since he got elected, he has made over 19,000 false satements and lies.

That’s about 15 per day. I heard that Obama lied at a rate of 20 per day. 

There’s no politician that walks this planet that doesn’t lie. 

Edited by Wayne Tj

7 hours ago, pilotman said:

"It’s rare for a professor to disparage the intelligence of a student, but according to attorney Frank DiPrima, who was close friends with professor William T. Kelley for 47 years, the prof made an exception for Donald Trump, at least in private. “He must have told me that 100 times over the course of 30 years,” says DiPrima, who has been practicing law since 1963 and has served as in-house counsel for entities including the Federal Trade Commission and Playboy Enterprises. “I remember the inflection of his voice when he said it: ‘Donald Trump was the dumbest ****n student I ever had!’” He would say that [Trump] came to Wharton thinking he already knew everything, that he was arrogant and he wasn’t there to learn.” Kelley, who passed away in 2011 at age 94, taught marketing at Wharton for 31 years, retiring in 1982.

As Trump admitted in The Art of the Deal, all he got out of Wharton was bragging rights: “In my opinion, that degree doesn’t prove very much, but a lot of people I do business with take it very seriously, and it’s considered very prestigious. So all things considered, I’m glad I went to Wharton.”

Take this to the PG, you come to the table with politically biased facts and hearsay . . . 

8 hours ago, Dave588 said:

What connections does Biden have with Russia? You forget it was Trump that had a meeting with the Russians and properly owes them millions of dollars. They don't call Moscow Mitch for nothing. You need to do some reading.