Reed422

Twist Lock Sluggo Hooks

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jesgord said:

Its a pain in the ass-but when I throw a slug go on a swimbait hook, I cut off my clip and tie direct.  I leave the clip on the last plug I was throwing (but it in my bag) and when I go back to plugging, cut off the slug go and tie the clip back on.  I have tried the 50# clips, and the split rings but have found tying direct seems to work best and allow for the most natural movement.

Ya that’s what 

23 mins ago, newportrockhopper said:

I always carry a sluggo with owner twist lock when i would fish shallow areas. The eye definitely is a little small with the twist but you can make it work. This set up has been the matter of skunk vs fish multiple times

It’s an awesome lure for sure. I think it’s that rigged this way you can barely see the hook which definitely would seem to help. Rather than big dangly trebles. I wonder if usin a clip will defeat this by adding crap rather than tie direct.

14 mins ago, Reed422 said:

Ya that’s what 

It’s an awesome lure for sure. I think it’s that rigged this way you can barely see the hook which definitely would seem to help. Rather than big dangly trebles. I wonder if usin a clip will defeat this by adding crap rather than tie direct.

If i were to tie direct id use a rapala loop or similar. This would definitelu help with action

Owner makes some oversize worm hooks in 7/0 and 11/0 sizes, no screwlock but they have longer shanks before the eye that hold a bait on very well. These are also very stout and sturdy hooks. I try to use a little super glue on all screwlocks and hook shanks for Sluggos to help keep them from getting torn up from casting. Just rig a few up to keep as back up in my bag. 

Just got my hands on those albi snax hooks and they definitely work with clips. Thanks guys. Guess no more owner beast hooks (until the other ones fail).